Chapter 33: Bondita reaches Banerjee's place

Bondita went back to the main street and attempted to cross the road. She kept looking here and there while crossing the road and came infront of a car.... The car applied it's break but hit Bondita causing her to loose balance. Bondita was more concerned with her bag, she clutched the bag tightly and fell down. The lady and the driver in the car came out...
"Are you alright " asked the lady..
Bondita had a cut on her forehead. Her right hand has scratched on the road causing it to get more wonded..
"Yes I'm alright.." Bondita got up and adjusted her saree... some people gathered there
"I dont feel you are alright.. you are wounded.."
"No no I'm alright.."
"What were you doing at the middle of the road..." asked a man from behind..
"I was just crossing the road..."
"Mujhe nehi lagta tumne aise kabhi sarak par kiya hain? Kiske sath ayi ho tum?" Asked the man.... the man was no one but Amar..
"Kiske sath..." murmured Bondita "Akele.. akele ayi hu.."
"Akele?!..."
"Keu? Main apko bacchi dikhti hu keya?!"
"Nehi nehi hargis nehi" smiled Amar "kaha jana hain apko?"
"Middleton street..."
"To chaliye main apko rasta dikha deta hu..."
Bondita gave a wide sweet innocent smile to Amar..
Amar made her cross the road and started walking on the footpath..
"Toh memsahab apko jana kaha hain..."
"Barrister Siddhartasankar Banerjee ke ghar..."
Amar halted suddenly...
"Kakababu ke ghar?"
"Nehi Barrister Siddhartasankar Banerjee ke ghar.." corrected Bondita
"Ha ha... per keu?"
"Mere patibabu ko dhunne..." replied Bondita innocently
"Patibabu ko...." wondered Amar. He just niw noticed that this girl has sakha pola and sindoor. She's a child bride. He was sure that her husband must have left her and this little girl is searching for him here and there. Amar started cursing this little girl's patibabu...

"To yeh hain tumhare Barrister Siddhartasankar Banerjee ka ghar.." informed Amar..
"Itna bara haveli.." Bondita was mesmerised
"Ayo..."

He took Bondita to Barrister Banerjee's chamber. Bondita looked up at the book shelves touching the ceiling.
"Yaha to patibabu ke study se bhi jata kitabe hain..."
Amar looked at her and smiled...
"Nibaronnn...."
Nibaron came in...
"Boliye Amar babu..."
"Kakababu ko jara bulana.. kehna ki unka ek client ayi hain.."

In Tulsipur....
"Bondita Bondita..." Sampurna knocked on the door of Bondita's room...
Batuk Somnath came and stood behind her...
"Itni der ho geyi Bondita abhitak puja ke liye nehi ayi.. awaj bhi nehi de rahi.. darwaja todna parega keya?!" Wondered Sampurna

Bihari came running...
"Bari malkin bari malkin...."
"Keya hua Bihari..."
"Choti malkin ki kamre ke khirki se...."

Sampurna Somnath and Batuk went to the garden and was shocked. Sarees tied together are hanging from the window...

Sampurna got frightened and confused about what to do now when both Trilochan and Binoy are not there at home...

The Banerjees and Anirudh was at the breakfast table.
The luchi alurdom was not able to satisfy Anirudh as his mind was thinking about his little partner...
"Malikk..." Nibaron came in...
"Keya hua Nibaron..."
"Malik apka ek client ayi hain..."
"Client... abhi.. bina appointment ke...." wondered Banerjee "woh telephone to kharap hain... chalo.."
Banerjee got up and washed his hands.
"Inki clients ke bhi akal nehi hain aur nahi inki.. khana bech main chorke chale geye..." murmured Mrs. Banerjee in disgust...

Mr. Banerjee came into the study and saw Amar...
"To ap ho keya mere client.." Banerjee asked Amar... Bondita looked back...
"R a nehi kakababu ... main nehi.... yeh memsahab hain.." Amar pointed at Bondita
Banerjee turned towards Bondita
Bondita gave a wide innocent smile and folded her hands "Namaste..."
Suddenly a sea of emotions roared and flooded Banerjee's heart. Something struck on his throat.. Banerjee just nodded his head... he just can't speak anything...
"Kakababu yeh memsahab apni patibabu ko dhunne ayi hain..."
Banerjee managed to control himself..."patibabu?!"
He noticed this girl was married...
"Ha kakababu.... lagta hain uska pati ise chorke bhag geya...."
Bondita gave an angry glace at Amar and squeezed her eyebrows...
"Mere patibabu ke bare main bura bhala keu jeh rahe hain aap??" Asked Bondita angrily.."mere patibabu bohat acche hain..."
The sweet sound lightly reached Anirudh's ear... he ignored it thinking his ears are ringing.. how can Bondita come here...

"Accha tumhare patibabu ka naam keya hain?" Asked Banerjee in a soft low tone..
"Kakasasurji kehte hain pati na naam mu per nehi lana chahiye.. unka amangal hoga... aur main keya mere patibabu ka amangal cha sakti hu.. jaise mere patibabu kehte hain ki yeh sab ku pratha hain.. fer bhi ..."
Banerjee put his hands on his waist and kept looking hopelessly at Bondita...
"Naam nehi bataogi ki kaise dhunenge..?!" Asked Amar...
Bondita gave an innocent look at him and then kept her fingures on her cheeks
"Hmmm.. fer..." she pointed at the papers.."likh ke deti hu..."
Banerjee gave her the pen and paper...
"English main likhu ya bengali main??"
Banerjee sat on a chair keeping his elbow on the table resting his face on the palm...
"English main hi likhiye ...."
Bondita wrote and gave the paper to Banerjee
Banerjee was shocked.. Amar peeped into the paper and the two looked at each other....

"ANIRUDH? !" Banerjee and Amar exclaimed together...
Banerjee never thought Anirudh's wife can be a so little girl. There Amar's dreams rather imaginations about Anirudh and his patni was broken into pieces and pieces...