Chapter 10: Is it so easy to be forgiven for your guilt

Anirudh went to the market to buy a soft toy as Bondita loves. He comes home and gives the toy to Batuk and says..
"Batuk yeh gudda tum Bondita ko de ayo.. kehna ki yeh tumne laya hain uske liye.."
"Per keu dada.. aapne laya hain aap hi dijiye na.."
"Batuk.. jaisa kaha aisa karo.."

Batuk went to Bondita's room and gave her the toy
"Boudi ay dekhiye main apke liye keya laya hu..."

Bondita takes the toy and starts cuddling it. Anirudh was hiding behind the door. But he can't see what he wanted to see. That smile.. that worldly smile that used to lighted up his world up isn't there.

"Aapko yeh accha laga na boudi?"
Bondita shook her head in a "yes"

Batuk and Bondita started playing with it. Batuk felt too bad for her. He also wanted her to smile like before. He tried to tease her and make her angry.. he tried every joke to make her laugh but all in vain. Anirudh felt too sad. He left from there.

Anirudh went to his room. He looked at his reflection on the mirror in the bathroom.
"Anirudh tumhe apne apko sabid karna hoga Anirudh... tumhe Bondita ko masus karwana hoga ki tum uske wahi purane pati babu ho tum uske wahi purane rakshak babu ho.."
Anirudh splashed water on his face.. took a deep breathe and went to Bondita's room.

Batuk has left by then and Bondita was still cuddling the toy looking straight at the bookself on the opossite side.

Anirudh slowly entered the room.
"Bondita " he softly called from behind..

Bondita slowly turned towards him with a angry stare.

Anirudh was tensed but today he has to confront her..
He kneels down beside her bed..
"Bondita.. aise gusse se keu dekhti ho mujhe.."

Bondita didn't bother his words...

"Bondita.." he hold her hands tightly.. " Bondita.... tum mujhe maaf nehi karogi Bondita.. maine jo kiya tha tumhare bhalai ke liye kiya tha.."

Bondita got disgusted... she got up and slowly went towards the table and made the doll sit there..

"Bondita.. " Anirudh again hold Bondita's hand and knelt down before her... "Bondita tum mujhe mera paksh kehne ka mauka nehi dogi.. Bondita....."

Now it crossed limits of Bondita's endurance

"Keya kehna hain aap aapko... keya..." screamed Bondita
Anirudh's heart skipped a beat with happiness ... she spoke after 2 long weeks...

"Keya paksh rakhna hain aapko... aapne khud ke bare main socha sirf khud ke bare main... mere bare main kaha soche aap"
She pushed Anirudh hard and went to the other corner of the room..
"Nehi Bondita maine apne bare main nehi socha maine to.... "

Bondita pused him hard.. started beating him with her fist... "chale jaiye aap chale jaiye" screamed Bondita

Anirudh was willingly taking all the blows

"Jayiye jayiye..." Bondita was trying hard to push him but her little injured hands didn't had that strength... she started crying. . "Chale jayiye chale jayiye "
Now Bondita's voice changed to a deep fierce tone "aap nehi jayenge na... aap nehi jayenge.. keu jayenge aap ka ghar hain.. aapki marzi hain.. keu jayenge.. main hi chali jaungi.. main hi chali jaungi.. per kaha jaungi.. kuch to nehi hain mera apna.. ma ke liye toh main bhoj hu na.." she looked at her mom .. Sumati starts sobbing.. "koi to mera apna nehi hain na ish duniya main.. kaha jaun.. ha appne kaha tha na Dalhousie bhej denge.. waha bhej dijiye.. akherkal aap hi mere malik ho.."
The words shattered Anirudh to the core
"Nehi Bondita tum ko main kahi nehi bhejunga.. tumhare bina main kaise rohunga.." Anirudh starts crying
"Marzi badal geyi apki? Kitna asan hain na aap mardo ka marzi badalna.. aaj choti patni nehi hain na isliye meri yaad ay geyi..."

"Nehi Bondita. ." He took the toy from the table " dekho yeh gudda maine tumhare liye laya tha tumhare pasand hain na..."

Suddenly Bondita gathered some supernatural strength  and pused Anirudh out of the room
"Nehi pasand nehi hain.. mujhe na aap pasand ho na aapka gudda pasand hain.. mujhe apki koi jarurat nehi"
Saying this Bondita shut the door on his face...

Bondita sat against the door and started  crying hard.. Sumati ma hugged her and she started crying her hreat out..

Anirudh went to his room and shut the door. Sat against the door in the same way as of Bondita hugged the doll and started crying his heart out.

The doll seemed like a witness to their mental conflicts. .it seemed like it can feel it all.