Chapter 27: Situation governs the way you feel

One afternoon..
All the ladies were washing dishes at the ghat. Govind's wife joined them.
"R a kaise ho Ramu ki ma..."
"Acchi hu... tumhara keya khabar hain.. tumhare pati ko koi naukri mila??"
"Ha mila ek.. bohat acchi tankha hain..."

The ladies started gossiping....

"Tumne ek baat dekhi aj kal Anirudh babu bahar reh rahe hain..."
"Ha dekha... ghar bhi kam ay rahe hain.."
"Baat keya hain bolo jara??"
"R a bahurani ki sindoor pe woh jor kaha.. pati to patni ka darja unhe kabhi diya nehi.. upar se dusri shadi bhi kar li... mard ka man kab kaha.."

The gossip continues......

In school...
Avinav is too jealous of Bondita now.. he just can't stand this girl in school..

Bondita is quite lonely.. Raghav sometimes comes to talk to her and of course Batuk is there as her constant companion.
Bondita was sitting alone at the backyard of the school. It was quite a lonely place. She was staring at the clouds resting her back on the pillars. The chaos of boys playing on the front ground can be heard in the background. Suddenly she heard some footsteps approaching.
"You are right Mr. Jones... it's just a wastage of seat.. ..." the voice started approaching nearer..
Bondita got up and hid behind the pillar... it's her literature teacher and her hustory teacher. She knew both didn't like her. Maths teacher was also with them. He never let her know but deep inside he adores her.

"Why are you all telling like this... that little girl is trying so much.. her dedication is really appeciable.." commented maths sir
"What will we do of appreciable dedication? ? The way she's performing she'll surely fail... " objected literature sir..
"And Principal sir will make her pass because she'll ill and most importantly she's his favourite student's wife.." taunted history Sir
"Ek aur baat.. an Indian girl. . Specifically a married Indian girl... what will she do by studying? ? Ultimately she has to do household works and follow the orders of her husband... she's just wasting an eligible seat... even if she was unmarried there were some chances but to be honest there is no chance for a married girl to become anything..."
"Why are you telling like this... her husband wants her to give the wings...."
"Just stop Mr. Jones... he just want to built her up as his appropriate partner.. he just don't want an uneducated wife... all this giving wings and all is just a bahana... he also did a second marriage didn't you see... honestly I'm quite afraid of this girl's future..."
Maths sir was in deep thought "you are right... what can we do... these Indians are just..."

The teachers started to move towards the classroom..
"That's why I'm telling she can gain nothing by studying.. better she learn household works and win her husband's heart that will be only good for her and....."

The voice faded... leaving Bondita in a depth of dispair and in tears behind the fat pillars. The bell rang. Tears rolled across Bondita's pink cheeks.

While returning from school Bondita again felt someone following her... she was now going very frightened.. but she never told anyone.. maybe it's just an illusion...

That evening Bondita was trying hard to regain her speed of writting... it hurt but still she forced herself to do this... she recalled Anirudh's words.. he said he just want her to pass nothing more.... but SHE wants to top... SHE wants to top not for Anirudh but for herself... she wants that prestige she deserve... why will she always have to hear to negetive arguements just because she's a girl... a "married girl". Anirudh has shown her the sky.. now she'll not look back... whatever happens she'll go to any extent for HERSELF.....

Batuk enters the room.... "Boudi aj nehi ayogi?"
"Ha ha Batuk ati hu..."

Batuk and Bondita went to Somnath's room...
They started studying. It was quite difficult to understand if Somnath was teaching them or the kids were teaching Somnath....

Bondita feels very refreshed in the companionship of Somnath and Batuk... but Bondita always felt the need of Anirudh.... he's that secure shelter that the child in Bondita always longed for... She has many dreams.. to be independent to be free... but she's too small to do it alone.. Anirudh is that pillar is that Polaris (Dhruvtara) which will guide her... she longs to see the world... she dreams Anirudh holding her hand and making her see the world... Anirudh told her that there is a "boi para" ("kitab o ka moholla" ) in Calcutta. How does a colony of books look like!?... she started imagining and soon feel asleep on the sofa...

The phone rang breaking her sweet slumber...
She quickly got up and picked up the phone..
"Haluuuu Bondita. .."
Bondita recalled the teacher's conversation in the morning....
"Patibabu aab kab lautoge..."
"Jaldi hi Bondita... yaha bohat kaam rehta hain... jaldi se tumhe yaha lana hain to kaam karna hoga na?"

Suddenly Bondita's heart went heavy... a feeling of distrust entered her... she trusts him more than anyone else... she soon moved her head and shattered off that ferling of distrust.... he's struggling so much for her and here she's doubting him... no never.. he's doing so much for her so she also needs to give her portion of effort... Bondita went to her room and stated studying and soon feel asleep on the book. She dreamed holding Anirudh's hand and roaming in the colony of Books... a Sweet smile appeared on her sweet sleeping face...