Chapter 24: Situation builts up towards adversity

Weeks passed by...

Bondita is abiding Anirudh's words and not putting pressure on her hands. Her homework goes incomplete and many teachers complained to Principal. But he took Bondita's side. He questioned how can she complete her himework with that injury. It's just appreciable that she is continuing studies even in this condition. Though she was quite happy to get his support but the special previlages she got for her ill health irked Avinav more...

Anirudh is also doing a great job. Barrister Banerjee is quite happy and impressed with him. Anirudh is now excelling in arguments (calm arguements without any shouting). He has become a loved boy of Banerjee family more loved for his calm nature (without any idea of how high volume of his loudspeakers can reach).

Things were going quiet well and happy. Anirudh and Bondita spoke to each other over phone. Bondita is now happy from the core of her heart because she got special previlage from Principal sir and now no one dares to taunt her. She told Anirudh about the special previlage but tactfully covered up the taunting part...

Avinav just looked for a chance to harass Bondita. He knew many teachers also don't like Bondita being in school. His only aim is to oust Bondita from school by hook or by crook...

Admist this natural situational built up based on jealousy and sense of gender supremacy there was another much bigger war of supremacy going on which no one could ever predict. This big war of supremacy is also natural but neither Anirudh nor the Roy Choudhuries could ever imagine such a shrude conspiracy going on in leadership of an extremely shrude mastermind........

It was a Sunday morning... the half yearly exams were near... Bondita concentrated on her studies in her room because Somnath and Batuk fight more than studying...

A poor man came to Trilochan and fell on his feet...

"Zamindar babu..." the man cried on his feet

"R a choro choro yeh keya.. keya chahiye tumhain.." asked kaka

"Zamindar babu... main Aampukur taluk se ay raha hu... mera baccha bohat bimar hain.. peer mere paas uske ilaj ke liye paisa nehi..."

"Thick hain thick hain payer choro... kar denge hum paiso ka intezam..."

"Malik.. aise paise lena to usul o ke khilf hain.. aapka itna bara ghar hain ek naukri dila dijiye.. naukar ka hi sahi...."

The man didn't leave his feet and cried hard...

"Eh to bohat muskil ho geya.. subah subah.... thick thain... r a pyar to choro... ek naukar ki jarurat bhi hain humain... "

Kaka keeps the man at work...

Bondita entered the kitchen that afternoon and saw the man washing dishes..

"Kaun ho aap?" Asked Bondita

The man looked behind.. and his eyes sparkled

"Ji bahurani yeh naya naukar hain ..Haran... iska baccha bimar hain.. naukri chahiye tha paiso ke liye to bare malik ne ise kaam pe rakh liya..." replied Koyeli..

The man wiped his tears...

"Yeh to bari acchi baat hain... main Durga ma se parthana karungi ki apka baccha jaldi se thick jo jaye.." replied Bondita with a smile... "Koyeli didi jara ayengi mere sath.. ek kaam hain..."

Koyeli and Bondita left...

"Aap hi to ho meri bacche ki dua... yahi hain woh bacchi jise Halder babu ke hath sopke main mere bacche ki jindegi aur jindegi bhar ka aram hazil kar sakta hu..." whispered the man to himself.. "Durga ma maaf kar dena mujhe... itni peyai bacchi ka jindegi tabah ho jaiga.. per mujhe paiso ki jarurat hain duyayo ki nehi....."

Next morning Bondita went to school happily. Today she has completed her literature homework. The literature teacher didn't like her at all and is always finding ways to show her low.
She meet Raghav in the classroom

"Raghav pata hain aj maine literature ka pura kaam karke ayi hu... aap sir mujhe kuch nehi bol sakte. ."

"Wah Bondita yeh to acchi baat hain.."

"Maine bhi madad ki..." Batuk intervened with a stupid smile ..

"Keya madad.. kal to dikhe hi nehi tum.. sara din to tumhara sasurji ki daat khane main hi nikal geya.."

"Yeh boudi yeh thick baat nehi.. yeh aap keya..."

Bondita and Raghav laughed

"Yeh thick baat nehi....." protested Batuk...

Avinav overheard the conversation and gave a shrude smile...

"Yeh Pratik literature ka class kab hain.." asked Avinav

"Tiffin ke baad hain..." replied Pratik..

"Tiffin a baad ha..." Avinav gave a naughty smile....

After the tiffin time Bondita took her seat. Literature teacher came and started collecting the homework. Bondita submitted her homework and was sitting happily. Avinav gave a clever smile..

"Kal tamasa hoga.. Bondita aur uske ish dost ka..."

Next day during the literature class...
"Bondita and Raghav " called the teacher

They both stood up. Bondita thought in her mind.. maybe the teacher is too impressed by their work..

"What is this??" The teacher showed the copies and it was full of childish doodles. Some pages were torn and some were full of ink...
Avinav gave a naughty smile and the whole class giggled

"See Bondita padhai agar nehi karna hain to chor fo.. keu bekar ek seat barbad kar rahi ho. .. ek chot ke bahane kitne din chalega yehsab... 6 mahine ho geye chot abhi tak thick nehi hua?"

Bondita was shocked. How did this happen..

"Per sir maine kiya tha homework pura..."

"Baas kuch nehi sunna mujhe.. aur Raghav iske sath milke tumhara bhi yahi haal ho geya... "

"But Sir. .." Raghav wanted to speak..

"I don't want to hear to a single word.. I'm giving a note to your parents... get it signed.... understand... aur Bondita ko note dekar hoga bhi keya.. jo iske education ke bare main concerned tha woh to yaha hain nehi.. and I don't think ki tum yeh baat unko bolo ge bhi.. bologi keya??"

Bondita's eyes were filled with tears.. Batuk looked at her with a sad face. Then he noticed Avinav. He's looking a way too happy. Batuk understood it's his work. Avinav destroyed Bondita's work during the break time...