Chapter 25 : Retaliation of the past

Bondita is heartbroken. She was just playing with the pencil completely lost in another world of dispair.
Batuk enters her room.
"Boudi..."
"Keya baat hain Batuk..."
"Boudi yeh kaam Avinav ka hain... usne hi keya hain yeh sab..."
"Malum hain mujhe...."
"Keya? Malum tha apko??"
"Ha.. woh nehi karega to aur kaun karega.."
"Per kuch kaha keu nehi apne??"

"KEHKE KEYA KARU MAIN" shouted Bondita "keya karu main kehke.. kaun biswas karega mujhe..." Bondita starts crying

"Keya ho raha hain yaha.." Binoy came in "Batuk tumne pareshan kiya Bondita ko?"
"Nehi baba maine kuch nehi kiya.. woh.."
"Nehi sasurji kuch nehi..." Bondita intruted hastily wipping her tears... "kuch nehi hua hain..."
"Kuch nehi hua to ro keu rahi ho??" Asked Binoy..

Bondita stood speechless without any excuses to give..

"Dekho Bondita Anirudh tumhe yaha humare bharose chor geya hain... agar tum chupayoge aur baad main kuch gondogol hoga toh woh pagal humain dosh dega... yeh chahati ho tum??" Asked Binoy mildly in a soft tone...
Batuk wondered if he's really his father or someone else?!
Bondita looked down and slowly nodded her head...
"Batuk... bolo keya hua hain.."
"Woh baba asalmain....."
Bondita signed him not to tell...
"Batuk.." scolded Binoy..
"Baba woh school main kuch larke Boudi ko pareshan kiya.. unki homework bhi kharab kar di.. iske liye bohat daat pari unko..."
"Bondita kitne dino se chal raha hain yehsab??"
Bondita stood speechless
"Kal school jake principal se baat karunga main.." assured Binoy..
Bondita slowly looked up..
"Per yaad rahe da ko jaise pata na chale..." added Binoy " nehi to woh tumhain aur school jane nehi denge.. unke liye ghar ki bahu ka samman age hain.. samjhi?"
"Ji sasurji.."
"Aur tumhare pati babu ko bhi batane ki jarurat nehi.. nehi to pata nehi keya toofan khari kar dega..."

Binoy left..
"Dekha boudi aap baba sir se mil lenge to koi problem nehi rahega..."

Haran hid behind the wall and heard all the conversation

Next day Binoy met the Principal and Principal assured that strict steps will be taken against thise who are disturbing her. But since she had not complained and there is no prove so no steps can be taken now. But he assured that they'll take care of Bondita's security.

After that no teacher abused her. But she felt that no one likes her and used to tell about it to Somnath and Batuk. Haran noticed her despair.

That night.....
Sampurna was sitting by the window glancing at the dancing clouds and the twinkling stars. She's not the innocent teenager any longer. She's growing mentally. She's understanding what Saurav wanted her to understand. She looked at the stars. Those happy moments with Surav came before her eyes. A soft smile appeared on her face. Those departed moments... departed never to return...
Suddenly she felt a loving touch on her shoulders. She looked back with the smile. But was shocked. It was Binoy.
"Keya soch rahi ho Sampurna? "
Sampurna slowly loosened his hold and replied
"Kuch nehi... aap soyenge na.. main bustar laga deti hu.."
"R a pehle meri sundar si patni ko dekhne to do ji bharke..." he hold her by her shoulders
She now understand what Saurav wanted to expain her...
She felt uncomfortable. She again loosened his hold..
"Keya hua Sampurna? Kuch to hua... keya hua?"
"Woh kuch nehi ... thoda shir dard.. thoda soyungi to thick ho jaiga...."
"Ha ha so jao... ayo..."
Sampurna went to sleep. Binoy soon fell asleep but she just can't close her eyes. She looked at Binoy. He's not a bad person. But he's old. He's a father of three. His elder son is even older than her. She recalled the conversation with village ladies. To get a child she has to.......
Sampurna got up. She started breathing fast. She started sweating....
She got up and stood infront of the mirror
What has she done.. what has she done with her life... why she hward her mother.. why she ignored Bondita's advice to wait till Anirudh's recovery... why she burned herself down in the fire of revenge.. why she created rivalry with her sweet sister Bondita why she created rivalry with Anirudh. . Why she tried to harm the person who saved her life... why she insulted the trust and friendship of  her husband... no not Binoy... she just can't give Saurav's place to anyone...
She looked at Subhra's picture on the wall... tears came on her eyes... she folded her hands and spoke in her mind..
"Mujhe maaf kar dijiye bare malkin... "

On the other hand...
Haran sneeked out of the haveli crossing dark corridor. He crossed the village road and entered the forest. A man was standing beneath a tree smoking cigar. Another man was with him.
"Haldar babu..." whispered Haran
The man looked back
"Ah Haran bolo keya khabar hain..."
"Khabar hain Haldar babu.." Haran looked here and there "khabar hain..."