Chapter 16: When will my reflection show who I'm inside

Bondita decended the stairs. She has shifted to her room upstairs.. the one which she hijacked from her patibabu. She went near Anirudh's study. Anirudh was busy on telephone...

"Thank you so much Salim... tum agar help na karte to itni jaldi duplicate certificate na milta mujhe.. thak you so much dost...."

Duplicate certificate?! Wondered Bondita... she recalled washing hus original certificate with soap. She slowly silently left from there... she don't dare to disclose that blunder...
Anirudh took the brown envelope and pulled out his new certificate and looked at it happily. He kept it in a safe and secure file and started roaming to and fro the study room thinking how he could become a big barrister. How to catch big cases. He was doing charity for so long. Now how to turn professional.

Professionalism needs tactics and he's so much of a child to understand those tactics..
Anirudh was going through the papers. He suddenly had a thought and picked up the phone...

"Hello hello Amar... main Anirudh bol raha hu.."

"Ha ha main thick hu... accha Anar meri ek madad kar payoge... mujhe high court main practice suru karni hain... can you help me with it.."

"Ha malum hain baba madad kar sakte hain... per main.. matlab... unki madad nehi lena chahata..."

"Ha wahi family problems hain...."

"Ek senior.. ja jarur... ek senior ek under rehke agar main kuch sikh payu to its good but clients and money... mujhe paise chahiye.. that also a good amount...."

"Hoga!!... he'll provide me a part and introduce me in courtroom to fight cases on his behalf!!.... isse to mera ... matlab clients will come to me if I successfully do those cases.."

"Ok ok.. tum khabar lo.. main sham ko phone karunga.."

Anirudh kept the phone. He sat on his chair and sighed in relief. He looked up at the ceiling.
If he had to work under a senior to start practicing in High Court then he'll have to leave in Calcutta away from Bondita. Because he can't afford accommodation for two of them un Calcutta now. And Bondita's studies are also there. First he has to stand as a barrister then only he can take her with him. He will have to take her. He can't leave her here to hear to the dirty taunts of thise aunties. All's because of him... all has happened because of his timidity... but he can't shout and tell all that he never married Mano... he can't tell everyone that that marriage was a drama to... to... the truth can shut everyone up but British Police will get the proof.

Bondita went to meet kaka who was busy with zamindari papers. She sneeked into the papers from behind.
"R a bahu tumm... ayo ayo.."
"Main aap ki liye chai banake lau Kakasasurji?"
"Nehi bilkul nehi... rasoi ki garmi main tumhara jsna mana hain na... galti se bhi rasoi ki taraf pao na barana... pehle tum puri tarah se thick ho jao fer chai banana humare liye... tumhare haat ki chai peene ka bohat dil karta hain... "
Bondita smiled hearing to the appreciation.

She left for her room. She now needs to resume her studies. She has missed many classes.
While going through the books Bondita found the copy Dr. Bose gave her. She opened it. The modern way of wearing saree is vividly described there.
She started reading it with full attention. She found the techniques very easy.
Bondita opened the almirah and pulled out a simple blouse and a silple cotton saree. She wore it according to the instructions and stood before the mirror. She was mesmerised by her own look. No heavy jewellery no vostly sarees but this look is so aswesome. Now she needs to style up her hair. But in vain. She could not tie up her hair as Dr. Bose.
She looked at herself in the mirror. Then side combed her hair and put it in plait. Well this suites the look.
She went downstairs dancing and stood before kaka.

"Kakasasurji main kaisi lag rahi hu??"
Kaka was too busy with the papers. He gave a glance at her.
"Yeh kaise saree pehna hain bahu? "
"Aise Dipa didi pehenti hain na..."
"Kaun Dipa di?"
"R a Doctor didi..."
"Oh woh... woh pehti hain to tumhe bhi pehna hoga keya.. tum Roy Choudhury o ki bahu ho.. bhari gehne pehnogi mahengi saree pehnogi.. tum bahu ho ish gharki hain na.."
Though laka told it in a smiling face but Bondita was offended.
She left slowly and sat before the mirror. Suddenly she don't want to be Roy Choudhury's bahu. She wants to be Bondita. She wants to be free of this bahu responsibility.

Why Bondita? Once you were proud to have bahu's responsibility now what happened?

Elsewhere Anirudh made up his mind to leave Tulsipur and go to Calcutta. Je came to India with a dream to change his society but for that he needs to change himself. He needs to be self sufficient. Only when he'll have his own money he'll be able to do his works without consent of his baba and kaka. But he needs to talk with Bondita.
Anirudh went to Bondita's room. He saw her sitting sadly before the mirror.
He slowly went to her knelt down and caressed her head..
"Keya baat hain Bondita? "
Bondita slowly turned her head to him
"Main acchi nehi lag rahi keya patibabu??"
Anirudh moved a little back and throughly looked at her looks. He was quite impressed to see her in modern plitted saree..
"R a wah Bondita bihat smart lag rahi ho..."
Bondita gave a wide smile of excitement..
"Sotti patibabu??"
"Sotti Bondita " Anirudh also gave a wide smile in return.
"Patibabu aap mujhe ek broach la denge"
"Uska keya karogi??"
"Saree pe lagaungi...."
"Thick hain Bondita la dunga.."
Bondita was too happy
"Accha Bondita.." continued Anirudh "main na kal Calcutta ja raha hu... kab latunga pata nehi..."
Bondita's face changed in a haste
"Matlab???"
"Matlab Bondita main na tumhare layak nehi abhi.. mujhe tumhare layak banna hain.."
Bondita hugged Anirudh
"Kaun kehta hain??? Aap to kitna kheyal rakhte ho mera..."
"R a pagli" said Anirudh caressing her head " kheyal ralne se keya hota hain.. mera to khud ka kuch hain nehi tumhe dene jaisa.."
"Mujhe kuch nehi chahiye.... mujhe sirf aap chahiye...."
Anirudh hold her shoulders and looked into her eyes..
"Bondita tumhe atyanirbhar banane ke loye mujhe khud atyanirbhar banna hoga... mujhe apni ek zameen tyar karni hogi jispe main tumhe khara kar pao... jispe main tumhe ek behtar jindegi de saku... tum meri jine ki wajah ho Bondita... tumha re liye kisi bhi haat tak jane ke liye tyar hu main...eri waje se tumhe samaj ke bohat taane sunne padh rahe hain... aur main yeh nehi seh sakta... main tumhe ek neyi duniya main le jaunga jaha tum padho gi likho gi sabse milogi.. aise smartly saree pehenke apni man ki awaj stage main sabke samne laho ki.. koi nehi rokega tumhe... koi nehi... fer akdin wapas ayogi aur ish purani duniya ko neyi duniya banaogi.."
Bondita just looked at him with exclamation. A tiny drop of tear rolled over her face.
"Bhorosa hain na mujpe Bondita " asked Anirudh
Bondita nodded her head in approval