Chapter 40: Anirudh consoles Bondita

Anirudh posted the registry letter at the Post office. It'll reach Tulsipur tomorrow. Anirudh came out of the Post office and then thought of hiw he shouted on Bondita. She must be crying.

Kakima has soothed down Bondita much. She is sitting on the floor by the window and looking at the mangoes on the tree dancing on the rhythm of the winds.

In the varendah
"Anirudh sayed uncomfortable feel kar raha hain Bondita ko yaha rakhne main.." commented Banerjee
"Ha... aur karna jayesh hain... dono hi bacche hain... samjhana parega unko..." kakima exclaimed

Anirudh returned. He was walking past the varendah when he confronted Kakima and Banerjee. They saw him carrying a bunch of handi in his two hands.

"R a Anirudh itni sari mithaiya... kis khusi main??"
"Woh Sir... woh Bondita per thoda chillaya tha na... gussa hogi... isliye.... aab use manane ke liye 8 handi ek badam rosogullo ki jarurat hoti hain na... 8 handi na ho to uska pet ya man kuch bhi nehi bharta.."
"8 handiya? Akele? Uska pet bhi sayed ek handi ke size ka nehi hoga.." smiled Banerjee
Anirudh also gave a smile "pata nehi sir kaise khati hain... per khane ka bohat sokh hain uska... "
"Accha Anirudh jaldi jao .. rosogulle garam rehte rehte jao man jaldi pighal jaiga..."
Banerjee noticed his wife giving an akward look at him.
Anirudh left.

"Accha ginni apko kuch samjhana tha Anirudh ko?"
"Samjhana to tha per sayed ab apko thoda kuch ysse samachna hoga..."
Kakima left leaving Banerjee confused over her words.

Anirudh slowly entered the room. Bondita was still looking out of the window. She sensed the sweet smell.
"Main aj nehi manne wali..."
Anirudh was shocked. How did she know?
Anirudh kept the handis on the table and slowly sat beside her.
"Bondita...."
Bondita didn't reply
"Bondita... mujhse galti ho geyi... maaf kar do Bondita... please..."
Bondita didn't bother his words.. she got up and stood by the other window.
Anirudh also got up and knelt down before her.
Kakima was passing by.. she halted by the window which opened into the corridor.
"Bondita..." Anirudh hold his ears.. "maaf kar do..."
Bondita pretended not to bother him..
"O Bondita maaf nehi karoge apni patibabu ko..."
Bondita puffed her cheeks. Anirudh took his fingures and pinched her cheeks...
"Mujhe baat nehi karni apse... katti hain apse..."
Bondita showed him her katti finger. Anirudh took his thumb and place it on her finger..
"Katti nehi main to dosti karna chahata hu..."
"Bondita aj bohat gussa hain... woh nehi manegi..."
Anirudh looked at the handis. Then looked at his hands. It's too dirty. He got up and went out of the room. Kakima hid behind the door so that they don't notice her.
Bondita went towards the door and looked out. Where did he go? Did he really left. Is he still so angry?
She saw Anirudh comming and quickly went inside the room and stood bside the window puffing her face.
Anirudh took a handi and sat on the bed.
"Ah ha... rosogulle... he took one sweet out and hold it up letting the syrup from it drain from it.
"Mujhe to Bondita kabhi deti hi nehi thi hissa... per ab to main yeh 8 handi pura khayunga..."
Bondita stared at the draining sweet syrup and water appeared in her tongue.
"Chalo sare rosogulle aj mere hain..."
Bondita slowly came near him. She was just going to shatch it but Anirudh moved it away..
"Ay ha... nehi milega katti hain na..."
Anirudh pretended to put the rosogolla in his mouth. Bondita literally turned teary.
Anirudh took the sweet and put it near Bondita's mouth and signed her to eat. Bondita looked at it and calculated which is more important katti or rosogolla.
Bondita quickly gulped the sweet and by mistake also bit Anirudh's finger..
"Ouch... Bondita dhire.."
"Apko lagi to nehi..."
"Nehi Bondita tum baitho... "
He made her sit beside him and made her eat the sweets. She started giving instructions hiw to hold the sweet so that she can lick and suck the syrup. Anirudh acted according to her instructions.
Kakima smiled and left.

"To ap mujhe Tulsipur wapas nehi bhej rahe na??" Asked Bondita
"Bhej raha hu main tumhe wapas.." Anirudh replied quite strictly
Bondita stopped chewing "per keu???"
"Bataya tha na maine thumhe keuu ?"
Bondita looked down..
"Sach batao to Bondita keya karke ayi ho waha?... keya fer kisine kuch kaha hain tumhain... sach sach bolo..."
"Kisine kuch nehi kaha mujhe.." Bondita replied slowly in a low tone..
"To fer koi gondogol kar ke ayi ho?"
"Nehi..."
"To fer?"
"Maine kaha na apse milne..."
"Jhoot mat bolo Bondita"
She again looked down.
"Chalo kaka se hi puch lunga main..."
Bondita's throat got dry. She took a gulp. How will he react if he comes to know about the school incident. Will he accuse Avinav? Will he scold her? Or will he again fight with kaka?

In Lalbazar..
"Sir.."
"Yes come in Sarkhel... "
"Sir apne mujhe bulaya.."
"Yes Sarkhel... Halder have a news... ek registry chitthi ja rahi thi Tulsipur.... from Anirudh Roy Choudhury to his uncle Trilochan Roy Choudhury..."
"To sir waha kuch information mila..."
"Ha mila... that girl is with her husband... I wonder how that little girl managed to travel through this big city alone... but the main thing is she's not only with her husband but in the shelter of Barrister Siddhartasankar Banerjee..."
"Siddhartasankar Banerjee.... he's a very tactful barrister sir... unke shelter se ...."
"Exactly Sarkhel.... it's very difficult to do any proceedings if they are on his shelter.."
"But Sir" Halder interfared "un logo main se koi nehi janta ki hum unke piche hain aur hum unke piche keu hain.... so.."
"But if we proceed they'll come to know" argued Sarkhel
"No no Halder is right.... let them be in dark about the reason... let us mive very tactfully.... very very tactfully... and Halder keep this letter in our custody... let his uncle be mad finding the girl .... this letter will never reach them..."

Kaka was resting on his easychair in his dark room. His head is aching much. Where did that little girl go? In what condition she is?