01| Something called first love

Remainder: its just fiction, not related to real people life.

.

.

.

Today it's raining too.

Yuxin had just finished her last class and now she couldn't go home because she forgot to bring an umbrella.
Lately, everything was forgetting. Every day she accumulated more and more homework that she can't longer remember what class she was in after chemistry.

She reached out her hand and the drops flooded her fingertips. She smiled at the touch.

Yuxin loves the rain. It brings elements that make her feel in the clouds. Like the smell of damp earth, the sound of the impact, and the change of environment. Those three together were already a perfect combination to wrap up and have a drink of coffee ...

"Did you forget your umbrella again?" Asked her best friend, Cai Xukun, whom she has been avoiding these past few days since that kiss happened.

"Yes, can I borrow yours?" She asked without looking at him.

Kun reached into his bag and pulled out a blue umbrella.

"Let's go together".

"What happened to the umbrella you keep in the locker?" She asked.

"I loaned it to Ziyi, but he didn't return it yet."

Yuxin has no problem sharing it. Everyone at school knows that they are good friends and they always share their things, such as wearing the same shoes or the same sweatshirt. After all, they both have similar tastes, but this time Yuxin feels a little nervous.

Don't you remember what happened that night? Or is it just me who feels things in that kiss?

They walked in silence. Brushing their arms and, suddenly, what it seems like a light rain ended up being a storm. It no longer mattered if they used an umbrella, the only thing that stayed dry was their heads.

"Let's find a roof," Kun said in her ear, she nodded at the proposal and ignored the tingling that his voice provoked on her.

After walking a few meters, they found a small noodle restaurant and took shelter there. They couldn't enter because the place was closed so they opted to sit on the small stair at the entrance.

Okay, despite the bone-chilling chill, Yuxin can't hate the rain because it somehow brought back good memories. And this moment couldn't be the exception because Kun pulled out his coat and dropped it onto Yuxin's small body.

"I heard that women are colder than men. Put it on so you can stay warm".

Yuxin didn't know how true the information he said was, but she was sure that her cheeks are hotter than her entire body.

Kun is her friend, it is normal for them to worry about each other, but it has been a while since she has started to feel strange whenever he is near.

It doesn't matter, she told herself, you're overthinking.

Yuxin glanced at him and suddenly Kun stretched his hand out to her and wrapped it in a quick motion to insert it in the pocket of his coat. Keeping the heat in that small place, with their hands together.

Yuxin gasped at the sudden gesture and wondered if what she feeling was allowed.

Friends don't fall in love, and he couldn't like me. I'm not her type.

"You lied, you're cold too," she whispered to break the silence, and somehow Kun understood her. He approached her without separating their hands, keeping the heat and cutting distance between them.

"Maybe ..." he answered with a raspy voice and a little smirk.

Kun is popular with girls. Anyone who saw them would think they are more than friends, but the truth is that they are just that: friends.

So why am I not satisfied? Why is my heart beating so fast?

"Yuxin?"

"Y-Yes?"

"You are avoiding me, is something wrong?"

"Am not ..." she lied, and Kun noticed it. He always do. 

"Xukun?" Both of them turned their heads to see the owner of that voice. Is Wendy, one of the pretty girls in their classroom and the one who gets the most chocolates on Valentine's Day. "I didn't know you were sheltered out there, come in".

The two followed her into the restaurant and Wendy served them something hot to brought their normal temperature back.

At school, most people talk a lot about Kun and Wendy as a couple. There may also be a huge fandom about them.

They started a conversation that Yuxin was oblivious to, so she only drinks her warm water while loses herself in her thoughts.

Kun and Yuxin have known each other since they were twelve years old. Their mothers are friends and they see each other almost every day, so both kids went to the park to play or stayed in the living room watching movies.

Kun has always been the protective one. She still remembers that time a boy of their school asked for her number and Kun showed up to say that he is her boyfriend.

Could you be?

"What do you think, Yuxin?" The girl reacts to the sudden call and only tilts her head, causing Kun to raised one corner of his lip in a smile. "We were talking about the festival on Tuesday".

"Ah, can you repeat the question?"

After the whole afternoon spent inside the restaurant, the two thanked Wendy and went home together because, in addition to being friends, they are neighbors.

Already at the entrance, the girl was about to say goodbye to him when Kun took her by the shoulders and made her look at him.

"Yuxin, tell me the truth, what happens?"

The girl just squeezed her lips. Yuxin didn't know when it happened, and she didn't want to admit it either because if she did, she would break down the barrier she imposed by herself. And then the relationship between the two would no longer be the same. They would be nothing more than strangers.

"I'm tired, that's all."

Kun knows that she was lying, but he prefered not to insist. He knows that she does it to not worry him, but sometimes he wants her to trust him more so that they can carry the problem together.

"Okay, see you tomorrow."

Yuxin would like not to go because Wendy had invited them for a picnic.

It will only be the three of them and she would be like the third wheel.