02| Something Called First Love

They were in the park.

The day was cloudy and the atmosphere was cool. Wendy brought some sandwiches that she made, and Kun brought his mother's cookies. Sometimes the conversation was just between the two of them, and Yuxin could only feel more downcast.

I knew it. I should just stay at home, she thought

Kun noticed the change of mood in her friend and immediately brought out what always made her happy.

"Yuxin, I bought you a matcha cake" After hearing the named cake, she slid the dessert, and as sad as she was, she couldn't hide a smile.

"Speaking of cake, there is going to be a dessert stand at the festival, how about we visit all of them?" Wendy suggests with a smile darted to Kun, but the boy is only looking at his friend.

"Yuxin would eat them all," Kun said with a small laugh. Then, the mentioned girl gave him a gaze before playfully punching him while laughing a bit when Kun pretends to be hurt.

"Kun" Wendy called him in a serious tone. Both stopped and Yuxin got goosebumps. Somehow, she had a bad feeling about this. "Will you go to the dance night with me?"

Yuxin stopped eating, and something squeezed her chest but she didn't dare to look up.

"I am sorry. I already have a partner".

¿Did he?

"Seriously?" Wendy asked, embarrassed for the previous rejection "Who is she?"

"Liu Yuxin".

"What?" Yuxin muttered with a confused face and Kun smiled at her.

"Of course will be you. Why does it surprise you? You are my best friend. We always do things together".

Is it just because of that?

Yuxin hid her sadness with a smile, as she always do.

I was right, he only sees me as a friend.

"You don't have to tie yourself to me forever" she said as she got up and Kun did the same with a confused face "You can date whoever you want, Cai Xukun".

Yuxin apologized to Wendy and then turned around walking fast to get away from that place. She was about to cry that's why she needed to hurry up and get lost from his gaze.

"Yuxin, wait!" Kun stopped her by the arm when they had run long enough. Kun was surprised when he saw her cry. He had never seen her do it. He now knows that seeing her like this tears him apart "Yuxin, tell me what's wrong please. Don't keep it all by yourself"

Yuxin was about to tell him the whole truth, but the result could be what she doesn't want.

Kun, receiving no response, wraps her in a strong and protective hug to made her knows that she is not alone.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me, but when you want to. I will be here for you, always."

"Even though we're not friends?" Her question caught him off guard that he turned away from her and looked right into her eyes.

"I don't understand, you don't want to be my friend anymore?" A fear grew up in Kun that he forced himself to swallow hard. And the answer that he feared came:

"No"

¿No? I heard it wrong, right? Kun thought.

"W-Why?" He finally asked after an unsettling silence. With a tight heart and trembling lips, Kun was engulfed in fear.
On the other side, Yuxin was having an internal battle between her heart and her brain.

If you tell him, does he will be by your side? her brain asked

You love him, and you can't hide it forever, Mrs. Heart said. 

Don't listen to her, if you tell him the truth he will no longer be your friend. It's the friendship or nothing. 

You want to hurt her? She can't live her whole life pretending to be friends when actually she want to kiss him.

Yuxin shook her head because she was overthinking again. Then she looked up and find the answer right after their eyes meet. She never thought that love someone is so painful, but once her mother said that even a good start also has a bad one, it's our responsibility to accept and learn from it. She knows that feelings can't hide forever.

Yuxin reunited all the courage she has and whispers it.

"Because I like you".

The fear that Kun felt was replaced by relief and then happiness.

"And is it bad that you like me?" He asked, making Yuxin tilted her head "I made you cry, Yuxin".

"It-It's not that bad because we don't choose who we like even if isn't reciprocated. I just didn't want to lose our friendship over this" Kun smiled, he couldn't believe it was because of that.

"You won't lose anything, Yuxin." He caressed her cheek gently "And you are wrong about one thing".

"In what?"

"That I don't like you back. Because I did very long ago. And don't tell me you're not my type because since I met you I no longer have one" Yuxin cheeks started to blush and then Kun looked straight to her eyes "I never thought you would confess it first. Now I can go to the next level".

She raised her eyebrows and her heart began to pound.

"What do you mean?"

"That I'm going to kiss you."

She froze in her place and Kun smiled at that before leaning forward and cut the distance between the two.

Yuxin is breathless and the only sound she can hear is her heartbeat that increased every moment the distance is getting shorted.

And then. It happened.

Their lips pressed together for the second time. But, despite that, it's feels new and real.

Kun kissed her slowly and gently. He was treasuring the moment, her lips, the feeling, and then he separated from her to observe her red cheeks, her beautiful eyes and that smile that can move his entire world.

"I like you so much"

Yuxin didn't reply, she just reached for his cheeks and started another third kiss. She didn't have to say anything, with that gesture, Kun would understand that she likes him too.

Yuxin had finally freeing herself of that weight that she carried several days ago. She still couldn't believe that her friend also had feelings for her. And the most incredible thing is that with Kun she will discover this little thing called first love.

《END》
.
.
.

Hi! I hope you enjoy this short story (Mrs. Heart won!). 

I will publish the other ones after i edit some things.

Don't forget to support this amazing two people. They deserve all the love in the world. 💛💙

Also, am happy to share my stories with you, guys. Thanks for reading, see you soon!