13| Light and Shadow

The first thing Yuxin saw was a man with his back turned, with a red robe and a sword at his side. She looked around her and realized that they were still in the castle. They were locked in one of the rooms.

But where was Yuyan and Zuyi?

"You already woke up, princess"

The man looked the same age as the king and his aura was also strong.

"Who are you? And where are my friends?"

"Call me Mr. Long, and your friends are in another room"

He walked over to the window and enjoyed the combat that was taking place below. He is finally achieving his goal.

"What do you want?"

Mr. Long turned to see her and walked over to where she was with an evil smile.

"I want revenge"

Yuxin knew the king and queen well. She had been with Kun and his parents for several weeks now, but they never seemed like the type of person with bad intentions.

"Do you know why I have kidnapped you?" Yuxin shook her head "Because I'm sure the prince will come for you"

"What do you want to do to him?"

Mr. Long didn't answer her, but he did give her an evil smile and that was enough to make her scared.

That could mean Kun will be in trouble if she is still there in the same room as him. She had to leave before the prince came.

Yuxin took a few steps back. She knew that in that room ChengCheng kept a wooden sword that they used to do battles without Kun worrying if anyone would get injured. She just had to reach for it without being seen. But she stopped when she heard his sword drawn and pointing at her chest.

"I don't want to hurt you, you better not move."

Yuxin had the sword one step away from her, so she ignored him and jumped back quickly and took the sword. She lifted it over her head before the edge of his sword fell.

"You are brave" he smiled sideways and his eyes shone "I don't mind killing you too".

Yuxin kicked his knee hard, and he backed away complaining. She took the opportunity to approach the door, but Mr. Long managed to reach her. Now Yuxin was against the wall and the two weapons between them.

"This sword of yours won't last long" he growled at the pain he received in his knee. He was angry. And Yuxin couldn't defend herself when it came to strength, he was stronger than her. She can barely move her legs and the wooden sword was about to snap in half.

"I told you not to move, now you will die"

Yuxin stepped on him with all the strength she had on her foot, but that didn't move him one bit. This isn't an evaluation or a competition, he is going to kill her for real. But in a snap of seconds Yuxin remembers one of the tricks she did in her class with her teacher Lin meng.

It should work.

She made a circular motion to the right with her sword and managed to push it away from her face and kick him in the stomach. She couldn't be stronger than a man, but she had tricks and that's why she always won.

She went out into the hallway and opened each room to find her friends but she ended up meeting Zuyi right on the stairs.

"Zuyi, are you okay?" she took her by the arm, but her friend said nothing.

"There you are" Mr. Long caught up with her and Yuxin led Zuyi down the stairs. As soon as they stepped onto the top floor, Yuxin froze in her place.

A sword was going through her neck but it wasn't belong to Mr. Long, it was from Zuyi.

Yuxin didn't know what to think. For the first time she felt betrayed. And at the same time she wondered if Yuyan was alright.

"Good job" he went down the remaining stairs and then the prince appeared.

"Yuxin" his eyes burned when he saw Zuyi. He now understood why they attacked today and why they wanted Yuxin. She told him everything.

"Prince Kun, time no see" Mr. Long gave him a smile that the prince didn't respond to. "Why with that face? Aren't you happy to see me?"

"We discussed this in your castle, why are you attacking us now?"

He had to save time. ChengCheng and the others must have reached the back of the garden for now.

"Because now I have come for what I want"

"You lied"

Mr. Long laughed maniacally. Which gave Yuxin chills.

"Of course I lied, and I am not surprised that you believed it. I will give you some advice, future king" He took a few steps towards Kun and waved his sword in the air "You should never trust anyone"

"And you must not lower your guard"

Kun managed to attack him to the right, but he quickly defended himself. ChengCheng arrived at the scene and released Yuxin from Zuyi. The woman was lying on the ground and without a weapon.

While Kun defended and attacked well. Yuxin was prepared in case something happened to him. But she couldn't focus on their fights because more soldiers from Long Castle suddenly appeared and surrounded her and ChengCheng.

"I know you can't kill, just knock them out" ChengCheng told her and she obbey him. Yuxin glanced at Kun's direction from time to time, and was relieved that he wasn't losing.

"Yuxin, watch out!"

She and Zuyi fell to the ground. Yuxin had the blade of the sword at her neck and she had no more strength to push Zuyi away. ChengCheng couldn't help her either, several of the soldiers were keeping him busy.

Kun saw her too, but Mr. Long didn't allow him to approach Yuxin.

In an instant, despair and fear filled the prince's eyes when Yuxin's hands began to shake.