05| Not a cinderella story

The party is tonight, Yuxin wants to go but she thinks her clothes are not suitable for a place like the castle. Although many of the town people have been invited and don't dress so elegantly, what really worries her is the image that she will give beside him.

"Girl, what are you thinking about? Minutes ago I asked you for my shoes and you're just standing there like a fool "Amber, one of her stepsisters, told her and showed her foot for Yuxin to put the shoe on.

"What is this?" She tore off the necklace the man gave to Yuxin as soon as Amber saw it peek through her clothes.

"Amber, give me that back, please" Yuxin tried to remove it from her but she couldn't.

"You don't have the money to buy these things, someone gave it to you" she said, as if she had reached into a conclusion "Rita, go to her room and check it out."

"No wait!"

"You better not move or I'll tell my mom," Amber threatened, knowing that if her mother found out about her, Yuxin would be homeless.

After a while Rita arrived with a wig, a mask and a red envelope.

"You have an invitation to the dance in the castle, impossible." Amber took out the content and checked that this invitation wasn't the same as the one she had. This one had a blue rose inside "You better explain to me what's going on. And must be the truth if you don't want to sleep on the streets ".

Yuxin fisted her hands, but she couldn't do anything. Since her father died her whole world was reduced to them, she couldn't even raise her voice.

She ended up telling them the truth. But not the name of the man with the yellow mask, because she really didn't know.

"You are not going to the party tonight" concluded her stepsister, putting away her envelope and taking the wig and mask with her.

"Why do you do this to me?" Yuxin didn't understand why they hated her so much, she has always been nice and hadn't done anything wrong.

"We are saving you, do you think he wants to be with you after knowing that your hair is short? Let's face it, he's going to let you behind after he knows the truth. "

That was like a slap to Yuxin because she hadn't even thought about it.

He only knew a Yuxin with a long blonde wig. Not the real one.

The house fell silent several minutes ago. Her stepmother and her daughters went to the dance and left her in charge of the house. She needed to distract herself and not think about him, so she left the house and went to see the fruit and vegetable seller, Yuyan. Yuxin knows that she wouldn't go to the party because she doesn't like it, not because she wasn't invited.

"Yuxin, what are you still doing here?"

"I won't go to the party." Yuyan stepped out of her booth and approached her.

"You told me you were anticipating it, why suddenly you don't want to go now?"

"Because... he may not like me," she replied, looking down at her shoes.

"Yuxin, who wouldn't love you? Tell me the truth, what happened? " Yuyan knew her story and how they met. She knew that this boy had something with her, so she deduced immediately that something had to do with her stepsisters. "Did they tell you that? The next time I see them, I promise I won't have patience"

Yuyan said with anger after Yuxin told her. Then she turned her attention to Yuxin and touched her shoulder gently.

"You have to go to the party"

"But-"

"I know that you are strong, and what they say doesn't affect you at all. You like him, right?"

"Yes," she said with a determination in her eyes. Yuyan could see how they shine with authenticity.

"Let's go to the party, then. But first, we need to buy some clothes"

"No wait. I don't have enough money, Yuyan"

"But I do, so don't think too much. And tell me, what do you want to wear tonight?"

A few hours ago Yuxin was worried about how she would have to dress. She wasn't sure if she would wear a skirt or pants, but right now those things doesn't matter anymore. She wants to be true to herself.

"A white suit is fine"