03| Not a cinderella story

Kun frequently met the girl with the blue mask. They had already danced the previous days, but today they didn't and they were only talking outside the bar.

"You want to eat something?" Kun asked, they had seen each other for a week now and he wanted to have a more appropriate outing.

"There's a hamburger stand around here, we can go." She got up and the two of them started walking towards the place. They weren't long in coming and ordered the burgers. Kun rarely ate these things. If they left the castle they would only go to the finest quality restaurants, and when he went out with Ziyi they would eat sweets or fruit smoothies. So that thing Kun had on his plate seemed to him something new and mysterious.

"The hamburger is not going to eat you, you have to eat it instead." She said.

Kun snapped out of his stupor and grabbed the piece of bread. As he bite, a sauce spread over his tongue and made a delicious combination with the meat and cheese. Kun's eyes widened in amazement.

"Wao, this is delicious" she laughed at his expression and Kun didn't think he might like her more.

"Won't they let you eat this?"

"They always serve me the finest foods and only make sandwiches ..." Kun stopped when he discovered what he had said, in the kingdom the best meals went to high class people. And he just reveal himself.

"Don't be ashamed, when we meet tomorrow I'll bring you one of these. I make them at home for my stepsisters."

"Would you really make one for me?" Kun already knew that she was kind, she had shown it many times in the bar, but this really touched his heart so deep.

"Of course, you don't want to?"

"Yes, I do," Kun smiled at her and she returned the gesture. The previous days, Kun has tried to remove his mask. He wanted to show her through his eyes what he was feeling towards her. It's not a crush anymore, Kun was falling in love and wanted to see her eyes. What colors are they, their size, and what they would look like if she smiled.

Kun knew everything about her, except that part.

"What do you think about the royalty?" His question won't make her suspicious. Very often they were asking these types of questions for each other. And with that Kun had discovered that they had many things in common.

"The weight of a crown is equal to the weight of the community. It shouldn't be easy for them." She never stops to amaze him. If he were to ask someone else that, they would surely mention money and valuable things. A life they would want.

When they met again the next night. She brought him the hamburger she promised and Kun gave her some potato fries that he made with one of the castle cooks. He had a hard time at first, they were burned and other times they were not done. It was his first time in the kitchen, and his parents were already beginning to suspect that they would soon have a daughter-in-law.

"I bought you something" Kun took out a small box from his pocket and showed her the contents of it. Choosing a necklace for her wasn't difficult, because they had the same tastes.

"You didn't have to"

"Let me put it on you" he pulled out the little red necklace, put her blonde hair to one side of her and put it on "You are beautiful."

She thanked him, but she insisted on returning it because she hadn't brought anything to him.

"Keep it, it's a gift. Oh, and take this" he showed her the invitation to the party. Kun no longer bothered to hide it. But still he didn't say his name and remove his mask because other people could see him and he wanted to avoid a scandal in the middle of the night.

"This is an invitation to the castle" she whispered in awe.

"I hope you go. I'll be waiting for you." He didn't get a direct answer and before he left. She said it loud and clear:

"Call me Yuxin."

Perhaps, it's not an answer to the invitation, but both were already willing to share a part of themselves with the other and to reveal the mystery they had since that first day they danced together.