two || "Is He Your Boyfriend Or Something..?"

➳♥

Devon's POV

"Fuck."

I looked over at Summer and she was still lost in a deep sleep. Not wanting to wake her up I quickly and quietly slid out of her bed and put on my shoes.

I was going to be late for class.

I reached over her to grab my phone sitting on her desk, taking a second to scroll swiftly through my notifications.

Damien: Man, where are you?🤨

Damien: I told the professor you popped a tire and you were gonna be late. She doesn't know you live on campus so.. hurry tf up!

Unknown: I'm glad you texted back :)

Unknown: I called a few times, are you busy? I could use the company..

I texted Damien back thanking him for saving my ass and locked my phone. Before leaving I pulled the blanket further up over Summer to cover her arms. She had taken off her shirt at some point during the night, assumedly from getting too hot. Her curly hair was frizz now, strands sticking to her forehead.

She was beautiful even in this state.

"Oh Summer.." I sighed and gave her a quick kiss on her forehead, lightly closing the door behind.

Summer's POV

I loved Fridays. It was the only day of the week where I was able to truly relax and sleep in as long as I wanted. Turning over on my back, I stretched my arm out to the other side of the bed. To my surprise, it was cold and empty. I huffed, blowing some hair out of my face, and silently cursed myself for forgetting to put my bonnet on. My mother always stressed the importance of protecting my hair. She promised me when I started doing it myself I was on my own. I was starting to wish I never begged to do my own hair to begin with.

"Good morning, Summer." I sighed to myself and dragged my feet all the way to the kitchen.

"Hey, sleepyhead!" Jess glanced at me quickly and looked back at her phone.

"Hey, how was your V day?" I could already tell she had a good time, she was glowing.

"Oh, it was amazing, I really think he's the one Sum."

"I'm happy you had a good time! If only it were that easy for everyone." She snapped her head to look at me again, giving me the coldest stare ever.

"What?" I asked while taking a swig of my juice.

"Summer you could have anyone, hell you could have Devon!"

"Devon and I are just friends."

She rolled her eyes and returned her attention to her phone once again.

"Whatever you say, Summer."

Ending the conversation, I took my drink and yogurt back to my bedroom. I wasn't in the mood for her attitude right now.

...

"I'm going to the store do you need anything!?" Jess was yelling, but I could tell she was right outside my door.

"I'll text you if I do!"

Without giving a reply, she left our apartment slightly slamming the door behind her.

Jess would often get mad when I denied that there was something going on between me and Devon. I didn't know what else to tell her, that's all we were. We flirted with each other occasionally, but we never crossed that line.