twelve || "Just Let Me Explain.."

➳♥

Summer's POV

Devon and I had woken up around the same time because we both had morning classes. He had to leave to shower, so I told him I'd meet him later for lunch when I was in between classes.

It was starting to get warmer outside as April was swiftly approaching so I was able to dress more comfortably. I decided I'd throw on some biker shorts with a graphic t-shirt and a pair of sneakers. Not wanting to deal with my hair I gelled it back and tied it into a braid behind my head. I grabbed a water on my way out and began walking to class.

I was feeling anxious about seeing Jay again after all this time. He hadn't reached out to me at all so I had assumed he didn't want anything to do with me, and honestly, I felt the same. When I got to class I was surprised to see Jay sitting in the seat next to mine. I thought about sitting somewhere else but I decided against it. He was in my space, why should I be the one to move when he was the dickhead.

I sat down in my chair and took out my notebook not even taking a second look at him.

"Summer." I saw him speaking out of the corner of my eye but I ignored him. "Summer please, just let me explain." I looked over at him letting my curiosity get the best of me. His eyes looked sincere but I couldn't forget the things he'd said about me, the things he implied about other girls.

"I'm sorry okay? I was just pissed off and I was trying to get at Devon. I said some things I didn't mean."

Usually I would have felt bad but he just looked pathetic.

"No, you meant what you said. You just didn't mean to say it out loud. I'm sorry if you expected more after we hung out but I told you I wasn't interested in you romantically and you told me you were fine with that. So I'm not interested in your apologies, can you please just leave me alone?"

He looked at me for a few seconds before dropping his head turning his attention back to his phone. Before the professor began lecturing he had grabbed his stuff and moved back to his original seat. I didn't care though, I was happy I was finally done with him.

...

"How was class?" Devon asked as we made our way through the crowd of people walking around campus. "It was okay, uneventful like always." He laughed and opened the door for me before walking into the student center.

"What are you in the mood for?" Devon was buying my lunch today and I was very thankful for it.

I scanned the cafeteria trying to figure out what I wanted to eat. "Ummm, I could go for a Turkey, Provolone." He nodded his head and walked over to the sub station waiting in line. I began scrolling through my phone to pass the time while I waited for him.

"Hey Summer!" I recognized the voice immediately and looked up to see Maya with a couple of girls. "Hey! How are you?" I got up and gave her and the other two girls a hug. "I'm good, just getting ready for finals. These are my friends Crystal and Sam." I smiled at them and introduced myself.

"Are you going to that party tonight? I heard a few of the guys talking about it." I nodded my head yes and she lit up. "Oh great! I can't wait to see you there. Do you think Tyler is coming?" She blushed and her friends giggled in response. "If Dev is going, Tyler is most likely going too," I answered.

"Devon is going?" Crystal perked up at the mention of his name. "He's so cute, I've been wanting to try and talk to him for forever." Before I could say anything Maya smacked the girl lightly on her arm. "He's with Summer so back off." Crystal quickly apologized and I assured her there was no need to. I guess Maya had just assumed we were together after seeing us that night in Tyler's room.