seven || "And Who Can Do It Better Than Me?"

➳♥

Summer's POV

The rest of February went by in a blur. I spent almost everyday with Devon helping him prepare for our upcoming midterms. Me and Jay decided to keep in touch after I explained to him I wasn't interested in him romantically, he took it surprisingly well. I felt bad and offered to help him study for our class's exams and he happily agreed. Jess didn't think it was a good idea but I didn't see the issue.

March came in and showered us with rain, a physical representation of Devon's emotional state. I could tell he was nervous about seeing his father and Rachel, his new pregnant girlfriend. Dev called home almost everyday checking on his mom and sister. He was worried sick about them, and I didn't blame him. I couldn't even imagine what they all were going through. I tried my best to take his mind off the matter but it was usually futile.

"He came by the house to get the rest of his things." He started as he flipped through the pages of his textbook. "He brought her to the house." He sucked his teeth in disgust.

"What is wrong with him?" I didn't want to say too much, I've always had my own opinions on the man but I never spoke them out loud. After all, he was still his father and it wasn't my place to speak ill of him.

"I think he's trying to rile my mom up. Punish her for kicking him out the house." He slammed his book shut, ruffling through his hair.

"He literally got another woman pregnant and he's blaming her?"

I didn't think it was possible for someone to be that evil. How could you look at the mother of your children, the woman you've been married to for years. Shared with for years, and bring yourself to shame her for your infidelity? It was repulsive.

"You're telling me, Liv is taking all of this pretty hard. I'm not sure what I should do." I hated seeing him so torn. The worst part was I knew Devon still had love for his father. Of course he was angry and hurt, but a part of him held on to earlier memories they shared.

Before things took a turn for the worst.

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" I didn't have much to offer, but I wanted him to know I was trying.

"Well..." He flashed me a devilish grin and lifted me from my chair bridal style. I was laughing uncontrollably as he threw me on the bed, placing himself in front of my knees.

"We're supposed to be studying." I scolded him, trying to catch my breath. He spread my legs, making room for him in between them and placed his face right above mine leaving a kiss on my lips.

"I am studying." His voice was filled with lust.

"What?" I ask already knowing the answer.

He ran his hand under my shirt, then brought it down to the band of my sweats.

"You."

He left a kiss on my neck before inching my shirt up, placing kisses on my stomach. "What do you want Summer?" His hands now palming my chest.

"I want you."

He bit my stomach lightly before sliding off my pants and underwear. This was only the second time we've been together like this, I wanted to take things slow and he respected that. I needed to know if all we shared together was lust, or if there was something more meaningful waiting to be explored.

He lowered his head, his cool breath sending electricity through my body.

I heaty instantly as his lips made contact with my skin, moans the only thing escaping my lips. He hummed against me, satisfied with how vocal I was becoming.