fourteen || "I'm A Gentleman Summer."

It's a joke I swear!! 😅

➳♥

Summer's POV

"We've been hanging out every night, and sometimes he even sleeps over in my room! But he still hasn't kissed me or anything! Maybe he's not interested in me like I thought he was?" Maya had been wracking her brain for the past couple of days on why Tyler hadn't made a move yet. "He's shy Maya, you know that. Maybe you just have to make a move first?" I reassured.

Maya and I had become close ever since I saw her that one day in the cafeteria. She would come to me for advice about Tyler, and although I didn't have much to offer I was always there to listen. Most of the time I would just refer her to Jess since she knew the most about how to deal with guys.

"Maybe you're right. I'll ask him to hang out tonight and see where things go." She spoke confidently but she looked discouraged.

"Trust me when I tell you Tyler is head over heels for you, he tells Devon all the time." I didn't want her to doubt herself or her feelings, something I knew all too well.

"Enough about me, are you excited for your date tonight Missy?" Her mood had brightened, and she tapped her pencil on the table waiting for my answer. "I am excited and terribly nervous at the same time." I had never been on a proper date, my ex-boyfriend thought staying at home all the time was the most romantic thing in the world.

"I'm sure it will be perfect, he'd do anything for you." She furrowed her brows at me smirking. "Ask him if he can rub some of that off on Ty yeah?" We laughed in unison as a few people in the library turned their heads to look at us. I mouthed "sorry" and began packing up my things. "I have class in ten, good luck with Tyler." I whispered as I threw my bag over my shoulder. "I'm gonna need it." She put the end of her pen in her mouth and rolled her eyes. I gave her a smile of encouragement and left the library.

Devon's POV

"She probably thinks you don't like her or something." Tyler had been hanging out with Maya for weeks on end and still hasn't made a move on the poor girl. "I'm not rushing you, definitely do everything at your own pace, but maybe communicate with her what you're so scared about?" Tyler looked at me, his mouth hung open.

"You know, you dating Summer was the best thing that ever happened to you. You're like a completely different person." He was in genuine shock, and I had to agree. Summer was bringing out the best in me, she brought out a certain vulnerability. I wasn't used to someone having this much control over my emotions.

"She's great isn't she? But don't change the subject. You need to talk to her before she moves on. Girls like that aren't going to wait around for you forever no matter how much they like you."

"Claire seems to be waiting around for you." Tyler had been getting on me about Claire ever since the party. "That's different, we had sex once and that was it. I get she might like me but it doesn't give her the right to keep popping up when I told her we were finished." I thought back to the way she acted when I ran into her at the bookstore.