eleven || "Who Did This To You?"

➳♥

Summer's POV

Devon had woken me up early in the morning to tell me he was leaving, he had decided to exit out the front door this time.

Everyone in the house was still sleeping so we had to be quiet as we went down the stairs. He kissed me on the cheek before he left and I waved him goodbye as he drove off. I quietly ran back upstairs and shut the door to my room, walking over to my window to lock it. I rolled my eyes as I looked down at the ladder and closed my blinds. I was still pretty tired considering it was six in the morning so I rolled back into bed throwing the covers over my head and swiftly drifted back to sleep.

...

"Tell Devon to put my ladder back the next time he decides to use it" My father said taking a bite out of his toast while looking over a newspaper. My mother laughed and placed a plate in front of me. "How'd you know he used it?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Please, the boy has been sneaking up to your room since you were kids."

"You knew?" I was shocked, I had just thought they never found out since no one ever said anything about it. "Of course we knew Summer, we're not dumb. Maybe if he didn't always fall into your room we wouldn't have heard." My mother chimed in.

"Or if he learned to put the ladder back. The boy has no clue how to sneak around." My father mumbled under his breath.

I didn't know whether to laugh or apologize. It's not like we did anything when we were younger, he'd usually just come over to sleep and he'd always sleep on the floor when he was here.

"He's a grown man, he needs to use the door."

My mother and I laughed and I took out my phone ready to tell Devon the news.

Summer: My dad knows you've been using his ladder to sneak up into my room.

Devon: Busted lmaoo.

Devon: Is that all they know?👀

Summer: To my knowledge yes, but I wouldn't ask them that anyway.

Devon: Haha, I'll be over to pick you up at around twelve so be ready.

Summer: Yes sir.

Devon: Sir? I like it.

I laughed to myself and continued eating my breakfast. My mom had made my favorites since me and Devon would be leaving later today. Banana pancakes with bacon and a side of banana and strawberry slices to top it off.

"When do you guys come home for the summer?" My mom asked. "We get out May third, But I might be home a little earlier if I'm finished with my finals." I took another bite of my pancakes while she poured more juice into my cup.

"Did you hear back from that internship you applied for?" My dad still had his eyes glued on his paper as he spoke.

"Yeah, I start in June at this tech company called Media First."

Working at a tech company over the summer wasn't my first choice in internships. My advisor thought it would be a good idea to work there since I minored in business and Media First was a very successful corporation. I didn't know much about the CEO or who was in charge and neither did my advisor. They must of really valued their privacy because I even looked up the company and came up empty.

"They're paying you right? You don't need to spend your summer slaving away for some rich asshole for free." My father lowered his newspaper glaring at me.