twenty-one || "I Guess We Better Make It Memorable Then."

➳♥

Summer's POV

"Ready to go?" Caleb asked grabbing his things.

"Yeah, I just need to finish up this last document." I clicked around on my screen until everything was organized to my liking.

"There, now I'm ready." I logged off of my computer and collected my bag. "Any big weekend plans?" Caleb clicked the down button on the elevator, tapping his foot to the music.

"Just hanging out with my boyfriend, you?" The door opened and we both walk out, saying goodbye to the doorman on the way. "I work at a restaurant on the weekends so I'll be there." He sighed and clicked the button on his keys, unlocking the car.

"Just focus on all the money you're bringing in." That was what kept me going.

"Money over happiness right?"

"The American dream."

...

My parents were gone when I had arrived home, leaving a note for me on the fridge.

Summer,

Have fun, and be safe! Remember to lock the door every night and don't come home too late. How about you invite Devon over to keep you company? That's more my idea than your father's. We love you and we'll see you soon!

Love, Mom & Dad.

I pressed the note into the fridge, making sure it wouldn't fall and ran upstairs to my room.

Summer: Busy?

Devon: No, want me to come over?

Summer: Yes please <33

Devon: Be there in 20

I got comfortable on my bed and grabbed my remote to turn on Netflix. I had just started a new show the other day and I was almost finished with the first season. I was ten minutes into another episode when Devon texted me telling me he was outside. I ran down the stairs letting him in, and we both climbed up the stairs and into my room.

"How was Olivia's game?"

He had slumped into my bed, unpausing my show. "She did good. Her team won." I sat down beside him, but not before turning out the lights and closing the blinds. "That's good! I wish I could have been there to see her." Olivia was like a little sister to me, and considering everything that was going on, I wanted to be there for her more.

"She did too, but she's happy you're hanging out with her tomorrow."

"I am too."

I rested my head in the crook of his neck, leaving a kiss before I looked back at my screen. "So she just shows up to schools and fucks shit up?" Devon had been watching the events on the screen in amazement.

"Yeah, she kind of like exposes the evilness lurking in people and gives them the karma they deserve."

"I'd hate to go to the same school as her." Devon sucked his teeth and shook his head.

"Why? Do you have some kind of dark secret you're harboring?"

"Not at all, but if I ever saw her, I'd make sure to stay the fuck away." He laughed at himself, probably thinking his joke was hilarious. "My parents are gone until Monday..do you think you'd want to spend the weekend here?" He snuck a look at me, eyes wondering why I asked in the first place.