Chapter 8

Sorry for the time skip...
Also COVID is a thing in this story

3 years later

Ally's POV

I'm finally able to actually return back to work today. I have been mainly working from home due to COVID. That way I'm not around all the players and also to help keep the baby safe. Me and Patrick are expecting a little one. We don't know the gender yet.

Let me catch you up on some things. Over the past 3 years me and Patrick have gotten really close. We moved in to a new house and have really focused on our jobs. But this past year we have been in quarantine due to COVID hitting. Just a couple weeks ago we found out we were pregnant. I have decided to keep working from home and Patrick has gone back to practicing for the upcoming season. We wear our masks to keep us safe. We also don't travel as much. So that's everything you need to know.

I got up this morning and Patrick was already gone for practice. So I decided to make me a quick breakfast of oatmeal. Once I had made my breakfast I got right to work. I had to get a lot done. I had to schedule tons of photo shoots and reach out to other photographers to help. I also I had to handle all the social media that the chiefs where on. Make sure it got updated at least twice a week and go through all the comments. I haven't been doing many photo shoots just so I can keep the players safe. We don't want to take any chances. Also I had to make sure I got ready for my doctors appointment today to check in the baby. But the appointment wasn't until 2 so I had time to get some work done.

Couple hours later

I decided to stop working a little early today to give me enough time to get ready. I texted Patrick to see if he would be able to make it. Once I finished texting Patrick I got ready. I went with something comfortable but also cool. It was getting into the summer months so I tried to dress in clothes to help me stay cool.

Patrick's POV

Patrick's POV

I got up before ally this morning and headed straight to practice. It has definitely been different over the past year. But things seem to be getting better. Today me and Ally have a doctors appointment for the baby. No one on the team knows about the baby yet. We want to wait until after this appointment to tell them. I'm leaving practice at noon so I have time to for the appointment. Ally has been working super hard here lately she definitely can't wait until she gets to be back at her office. Which the whole team can't wait to see her come back. Hopefully by the time the season starts she is back in her office.

I left practice and was headed home when I got a text from ally. I knew she was worried about me missing the appointment because coach has been pushing us boys hard but I made sure to let him know that this was super important. Once I got home I immediately got in the shower and got ready. Once I was done we left for the appointment I could tell ally was nervous so I held her hand to hopefully calm her nerves.

Ally's POV

We arrived at the doctors office. I was really nerves but Patrick helped calm my nerves. I just want everything to be ok with the baby. After checking in we waited for the doctor. Shortly after the doctor came and asked a lot of questions which I answered truthfully. The appointment didn't take long and we were headed home. The doctor said I'm about 10 weeks along and at 20 weeks we should be able to find out the gender. Also that the baby is super healthy and that I should be able to return to my office soon.