Chapter 14

Ally's POV
I decided to stay the night with Oakley. I texted Patrick to let him know so he didn't stay up all night worrying. I kept talking to Oakley letting him know that momma was there with him and wasn't leaving his side. I finally ended up falling asleep around 10:30 pm. I didn't feel like I was asleep very long before I heard a bunch of alarms going off. I woke up in a panic and noticed a whole bunch of nurses where rushing into oakleys room. I checked my phone and noticed it was 3:30 am. The nurses told me I need to wait outside the room because they needed space. I walked out to the hallway with my phone and started texting Patrick.
Mahomie
Hey I just wanted to give you an update. A whole bunch of alarms are going off in oakley's room. Nurses keep rushing in.
Delivered 3:35 am

About 10 minutes later a nurse came out to tell me that Oakley passed away. His heart had stopped and he stopped breathing. I fell to the floor screaming and crying. I couldn't believe what I was being told. They said I could go in and see him so I did. I looked at his tiny little body laying there motionless. All I came remember is seeing him moving around looking at me right before I fell asleep. I knew I had to tell Patrick immediately.

Mahomie
Another update Oakley passed away at 3:45am. His heart stopped and he stopped breathing. I wish we could have done something to save him.
I'm so sorry I failed you baby. I know you wanted to be a dad and I failed.
I couldn't protect him. I feel so bad. The doctors and nurses are giving me some time with him before they take him away.
Delivered 4:15am

Patrick's POV
I woke up at 8 in the morning and seen a whole bunch of texts from ally.
My girl
Hey I just wanted to give you an update. A whole bunch of alarms are going off in oakley's room. Nurses keep rushing in.
Another update Oakley passed away at 3:45am. His heart stopped and he stopped breathing. I wish we could have done something to save him.
I'm so sorry I failed you baby. I know you wanted to be a dad and I failed.
I couldn't protect him. I feel so bad. The doctors and nurses are giving me some time with him before they take him away.

Mahomie
Hey baby I'm so sorry. I wish you didn't have to go through that alone. Im right here baby.  I won't tell anyone until your ready to tell them. I love you so
much baby and you didn't fail me. 

Ally's POV
I woke up to a text from Patrick. I didn't get much sleep last night after Oakley passed away. I ended up collecting the things that the hospital had and got in my car. I headed home to Patrick I couldn't help but cry. I just lost my baby boy who wasn't even a month old. Once I got home I seen tons of cars in the drive way. I knew Maddie and Travis where here but I didn't know who else. But right now I just need to be in Patrick's arms. I parked my car and went inside I found Patrick immediately and gave him a bear hug. He just held me and let me cry. Soon after I heard tons of footsteps I turned around to see Maddie and Travis and Patrick's family. I wasn't quite ready to tell them everything that happened. Instead I told them I needed a shower.

I went to mine and Patrick's room to get ready for my shower. We had a bathroom connected to our room so I got the water at the right temperature and got undressed. I got in the shower and just let the warm water rush over my body after about 15 minutes I got out of the shower. I dried off and went to get ready. I let my hair air dry as I did some simple quick makeup. I also put on a chiefs crop top with some light washed ripped jeans. I paired the outfit with some Nike high tops. I then walked out to the living room once I was ready for the day. It felt nice to be back home and with my family the only one missing is Oakley. I gather everyone into the living room so I could let them all know.
Ally: hey so I need to tell you guys all something.
Maddie: what is it.
Travis: is everything ok.
Randi: what's wrong sweetie.
Jackson: you can tell us anything.
Pat: guys let her talk quit asking so many questions.
Mia: is my nephew ok.
Ally: everything is not ok. At 3:30 this morning a whole bunch of alarms went off in oakley's room. A whole bunch of nurses came rushing in. I had to step out so they could have space. After about 15 minutes they came and told me that Oakley had passed away his heart had stopped and he stopped breathing. So at 3:45 this morning they pronounced him dead. They tried everything to bring him back and keep him alive but he had so much problems they couldn't.
Maddie: oh my I'm so sorry. You shouldn't have had to go through that alone.
Travis: we are always going to be here if you need anything you let us know.
Randi: oh sweetie I'm sorry. I'm going to be here for you. You didn't do anything wrong so don't bring yourself down ok.
Jackson: Ally Patrick I'm sorry guys. You don't deserve this. If you need anything let me know ok.
Pat: Ally I'm sorry you went through this alone Patrick wanted to be there for you. Patrick I'm sorry you lost your boy. You both didn't deserve this.
Mia: I'm sorry guys. I don't really know what I can do to help.
Patrick: thanks you guys it means a lot to us that you guys are here us. Mia don't worry your to young to really help anyways. But we will let you know when the funeral is. I know you all wanted to meet him and hold and we are sorry you didn't get the chance.

After we all got done talking I went outside for a bit. I needed to call my parents to let them know what is going on. I hate to break the news to them over the phone but it's the only way.

I called my family and let them know. They all gave me their love and support and said they would try to come and see us. But I said that they didn't have to come right now but we would let them know when the funeral was so they could be there.