Chapter 12

Ally's POV
I gave Patrick a bear hug like I usually do when I see him. But after the hug there was a huge puddle at my feet. I knew right then my water broke but it was way to early. I started crying and Maddie came rushing over with Travis. Patrick immediately got me loaded in the car and sped to the hospital. Once we got there Patrick got me inside and told the doctors what was going on. I was in so much pain that I couldn't stop crying. I couldn't understand what everyone was saying it was all to much. All I could think was my baby and I didn't want to lose it. Maddie and Travis weren't far behind us but they weren't allowed in due to COVID restrictions. Patrick told them the room number and they were at the window. The doctors asked if we wanted them to leave but I said no. After what felt like forever I finally got some pain meds. I fell asleep a little bit later.

Patrick's POV
Ally started crying because she knew what just happened. I didn't think at all I just picked ally up and put her in the car Maddie and Travis loaded up into Travis's car and followed us to the hospital. Once we got there I took ally inside and told the doctors what was going on. Ally couldn't stop crying she was in so much pain and was worried about the baby. I kept a brave face on so she wasn't more worried. The doctors kept talking but me and Ally weren't really paying attention. All I could think about was ally and the baby I couldn't lose either one of them. Eventually I texted Maddie and Travis our room number so they could be at the window because I knew ally needed Maddie as much as she needed me. A little while later ally got some pain meds and fell asleep. Her contractions slowed down a bit but she was still in pain. I stepped out of the room to call my mom and let her know what was going on

Patrick: hey mom.
Randi: hey Patrick what's going on. You sound like you have been crying.
Patrick: its ally. Her water broke so we are at the hospital. The doctors gave her pain meds to help. She's sleeping right now but I'm scared that I'm going to lose her or the baby. I can't lose them mom.
Randi: hey calm down it's going to be ok. Me and your dad and Mia will come up there to see you guys. But all you need to do right now is be there for ally and your baby. I know it's way to early for ally to be in labor but she is so you need to get back in the room with her. Don't leave her side stay by her and if things come down it. Who gets to decide who lives?
Patrick: we decided that if it comes down to it. I'm going to make the choice. But if I can't then Maddie is.
Randi: ok. Me and your dad and sister are headed that way. We have a flight booked and we will be there. Just try to stay as calm as you can and be there for her.

After talking with my mom I stepped back into the room with ally. She was still sleeping. I calmed myself down and started letting everyone else know. I made a post on Instagram about it and people where so supportive. I then received a text from Brittany.

Brittany
Hey Patrick I seen your post. I'm so sorry about what's going on. I hope ally is ok and your baby is healthy. I know we aren't on the best terms and I haven't spoken to you or ally in a while but I'm always here.

Patrick
Thanks Brittany that means a lot. I'm sure ally will be thankful that you reached out. Ally and the baby mean everything to me and I can't lose them.

Brittany
You won't lose them and if that happens you have tons of family and friends here for you. Just stay strong and be there for her she needs you.
Read: 5:45 pm

Ally's pov
I woke up to Patrick texting someone. I noticed it was Brittany but didn't say anything because I could already see what was being said. I'm happy she reached out to us. The contractions started to get really bad and Patrick was right there. A little bit later the doctor came in and told me it was time to deliver my baby. I was so scared because I knew it was to soon. I tried to talk to the doctor but since my water already broke I had to deliver. I held Patrick's hand as I pushed. After 45 minutes of pushing my sweet baby boy was here.

Oakley Lane Mahomes
Born: September 19, 2021
Weight: 3lbs 2 oz
Height: 15 inches

Oakley Lane Mahomes Born: September 19, 2021Weight: 3lbs 2 ozHeight: 15 inches

He's a pre mature baby so he has to go to nicu. But before they took him me and Patrick got to hold him. He looks like Patrick a lot. I couldn't be more happy now that I have a baby boy.

Patrick's POV
After 45 minutes Ally delivered our sweet baby boy. I was hoping for a boy and I got one. He was so tiny and I was already in love with him. Ally got to hold him and then me. I was over the moon. He looked like me a lot and when I was holding him Ally had the biggest smile on her face. After I got done holding him the nurses took him to nicu. Ally and I would get to stay with him for a bit. After ally was cleared to go home only one of us could stay.

Ally had to stay in the hospital for a couple days. We couldn't stay in nicu right now so we were back in our original room. Maddie and Travis where over the moon to know we had a boy. I immediately told my family and the team about him. The team was beyond excited to meet him when he was cleared to come home.

Time skip...

Ally's POV
It was finally time for me to go home. Oakley wouldn't be able to go home with us for a couple weeks since he was pre mature. The doctors told us he was doing good. I decided to go home and shower and have a nice meal before coming back. Little did I know everything would change in that time.

As I got home and showered my phone started ringing. I immediately answered the phone. It was the hospital. They called me to let me know that Oakley was having troubles breathing and they didn't know if he would make it. I fell the floor crying and next thing I know Patrick had his arms around me. He took my phone and continued talking to the doctors.

Patricks POV
I rushed into the kitchen when I heard Ally start crying. I picked up her phone and it was the hospital. I talked to the doctors which felt like hours. All I was getting was bad news. They said that Oakley might now make it since he was having troubles breathing and he was having heart problems. I couldn't believe what I was hearing after everything Ally has gone through we might not get to bring little guy home. After calming Ally down we went and sat on the couch Maddie and Travis where out picking up food for all of us. Soon after they both got back to the house Maddie instantly knew ally had been crying and asked what was wrong.
Maddie:hey what's going on?
Patrick: we found out some pretty bad news while you guys where gone.
Maddie: what's the news?
Travis: hey man you can tell us anything. We are right here and ready to listen.
Ally: the hospital called an said that Oakley was having troubles breathing and might now make it.
Patrick: they also said he has heart problems.
Maddie: omg. I'm so sorry guys. Me and Travis are right here.
Travis: I'm so sorry you guys. You guys don't deserve this. If there is anything you need us to do let us know.
Ally: thank you guys. I'm going to go up the hospital to see him. I don't want him to be alone right now he needs his mom.

Third person POV
Little did they all know that once ally got to hospital things were going to changed.

Authors note
Sorry for the long chapter I had this idea and really wanted to give it much detail. The next chapter will explain more.