Chapter 15

Travis's outfit

Maddie's outfit

Patrick's outfit

Patrick's outfit

Ally's outfit

Ally's POV Today was the day of Oakley's funeral

Ally's POV
Today was the day of Oakley's funeral. I got up this morning an got in the shower. I wasn't fully prepared for today. Once I got out of the shower I decided to let my hair air dry like I usually do. I put on some simple makeup and then got dressed. I put on my black lace dress with my cream colored platforms. Once I was finished getting dressed I headed out to the kitchen. I started to make breakfast while Patrick was getting ready. Maddie and Travis went back to their place so they could make sure they got ready for today. Everyone has been there for me and Patrick and it has been the best. I don't know what I would do without everyone's constant love and support. We still have told the media about everything yet just because it is still very fresh to all of us.

Patrick's POV
I got up this morning and started to get ready. Once ally got out of the shower I got in. When I got out of the shower I could smell ally making breakfast. I let my hair air dry and then got dressed. I decided on wearing a nice tan turtleneck with a white shirt underneath it as well as some nice black dress pants and a nice black dress coat. I put on some white sneakers as well. Once I was ready i went out to the kitchen. Ally had just finished breakfast so we sat at the island and ate our breakfast. Once we were done eating we both cleaned up the kitchen and got ready to leave the house. We arrived to the funeral home before anyone else that way we could get the flowers and everything else set up. Today was going to be a very emotional day for all of us.

Maddie's POV
I got up before Travis this morning and immediately started to get ready. Today was going to be extremely emotional and I know ally is going to need me. I don't know how it feels to lose a child but I'm going to be there for her and Patrick. I decided on not taking a shower this morning since I took one the night before. Instead I immediately got started on my hair I decided to straighten it this morning. I did some simple makeup and got dressed in my black jumpsuit. I put on some heels and called it good. I went out to kitchen to start making me and Travis some breakfast since I heard him start to wake up. I decided to make us some eggs and bacon. I also started brewing some coffee for the both of us. Once I got breakfast finished I put our food on some plates and got two cups of coffee ready. I put the plates and cups of coffee on the table ready for both of us to enjoy a nice breakfast.

Travis's POV
I woke up this morning and got ready. I knew Maddie was already awake because she was still getting ready.  After she got ready she went out to the kitchen and immediately started breakfast. I got in the shower and made sure to clean up. Once I got out of the shower I got dressed. I decided on wearing a white shirt and a nice black jean jacket. I also decided on wearing i nice pair of blue jeans. I put on some brown dress shoes and called it good. I walked out to the kitchen and breakfast was already on the table. I sat down with Maddie and enjoyed and nice breakfast once we where done eating we got in the car and headed to the funeral home. Once we got there ally and Patrick where already there. We went inside to help them get whatever still needed to be set up. We got everything set up and then people started to arrive. I stood there with Patrick and ally because they both need me.

Ally's POV
Maddie and Travis showed up to the funeral home shortly after me and Patrick. They helped us with whatever else needed to be done. Soon after people started to arrive. Me and Patrick stood next to each other and Travis was right there next to us. Today is going to be a long emotional day and all I need is Patrick and Travis and Maddie by my side. Soon I seen my parents and siblings walk in. They came up to me and gave me a bear hug I really needed it especially from my dad. After a while things calmed down and everyone went to their seats. The preacher stood up and began speaking. He then called my name up the podium. I got up and walked up there. I was going to give a speech about my baby boy. I didn't exactly know what to say but I knew I needed to say something.

Thank you everyone for coming today. It means a lot to me and my family that your here. I know you guys don't know much about Oakley lane mahomes. He was only a couple weeks old when he passed away. I knew after I gave birth to him he was going to be in the nicu for a while. I didn't know that he would never come home. I miss him every day and it's not going to get easier. I was the one person in the room when he coded. I didn't know what to do but I knew I needed to tell Patrick. I was out in the hallway texting Patrick when a nurse came out shortly after and told me that he passed away. I broke down and was all alone because only one of us could stay with him. I was with him all day and he seemed like he was ok. I know he is up there better than ever and watching over all us. Thank you guys it means a lot to all of us.

After my speech I went and sat down. Next thing I know they are carry his casket out of the funeral home and we are headed to the cemetery to bury him. The first time anyone seen him was in his tiny casket. I will always miss him and nothing gets easier.