Forty Four.

a/n: this is what jess looks like

a/n: this is what jess looks like. i thought i had put this in a previous chapter, but i guess i didn't... anyways back to the story...

Two months later...

Your POV

Flashback

"Hey," someone said tapping the lunch table.

"Leave me alone," I mumbled just wanting to sleep.

"I'm Jess, what's your name?" I opened my eyes, looked up and saw the prettiest eyes.

"Your eyes are so pretty," she told me with a cute smile on her face.

"Thanks," I told her and she smiled again.

"What's your name?" she questioned.

"It's Y/N," I said to her and she nodded.

"It's nice to meet you. You're so pretty. We should be friends," she said and I smiled.

"We should be friends. You're very pretty as well. I like your curls. They're so nice," I told her and she giggled while she blushed.

"Thank you," she replied. She gave me half of her lunch and sat with me talking about something that happened in her science class. I just kept looking at her because she was really so pretty. She even spoke Spanish. She was the first black person I had met that spoke Spanish.

"So where do you stay?" she asked.

"Um, I don't have a home," I said. She was going to say something, but the bell rang and we had to go to class.  I went to my class and sat in the back like usual. I did my work waiting for the bell to ring. Once it was time to leave, I went to the bus stop that wasn't really a bus stop anymore. I heard someone walking up, so I immediately hid thinking it was the high school boys.

"Y/N," I heard Jess's cute voice.

"Hi, Jess," I said and she smiled.

"Come with me. You can shower, eat and sleep at my house for the night," she said offering me her hand. She helped me up and we walked to her house.

"My dad gives me allowance, so here's some money for when I'm not able to have you here," she said and I nodded thanking her. She gave me like fifty dollars, which I was very appreciative of. When we got to her house, she led me to her room and handed me some clothes.

"This will be yours, okay?" she asked pointing to the dresser.

"I'm gonna get you more clothes and shoes this weekend. If you want, you can come by my dad with me. He won't mind, if your parents dont," she told me and I frowned.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"I don't have parents. They died during the storm," I told her.