Twenty Three.

Few weeks later...
Beyoncé's POV

Y/N woke up with a fever, so I made her stay in the bed. By Rumi being under her all day, she had gotten sick too.

"Mama, I'm fine," she whined in a somewhat different voice before gagging.

"Fine, my ass. Stay in this bed and don't move," I said sternly.

"Mama, it's hot," she whined dramatically and tried taking off her hoodie, but I stopped her.

"Baby, you have to keep this one," I told her.

"No, mama. It's hot," she continued to whine. She had turned completely turned into a baby.

"Blue, can you get me the medicine?" I asked her and she ran to go get it. She came back with both of them. Rumi took her medicine with no problem, but Y/N gave me hell.

"Y/N, take the medicine and I'll leave you alone," I told her and she took the medicine. She started crying and wouldn't stop. I literally didn't know what was going on. I called Jess to see what was going on.

"Jess, Y/N is sick right now and she's acting really strange."

"Is she whining and crying?" Jess asked.

"Yes, she won't stop."

"Okay, this might sound weird but she's having flashbacks. Rapid flashbacks. She doesn't know how to control the speed of them or her emotions. She just cries. More like sobs. She'll zone out and when she snaps back, she'll either be angry or very sad," she explained, "she might also think she's ten again. You'll hear it in the way she talks."

"So like a headspace?"

"Sort of, but not really."

"Is there anything that I can do?"

"Just be patient. Place one of the twins in front of her and she'll snap out of it enough to remember where she is."

"Okay, anything else?" I asked.

"Popsicles."

"What?"

"Make her popsicles with the medicine on them. Getting her ass to take medicine is like the hardest thing to do. Plus she overheats, so if she's hot let her take whatever she's wearing off."

"Trust me I know that," I replied.

"She normally gets sick after being stressed out. Which the past two weeks have been very stressful for her," Jess replied.

"Has she ever seen anyone about this?" I asked.

"No, she's too stubborn."

"Mama, I don't feel good," Y/N mumbled softly. She laid her head on leg as she cuddled with Rumi.

"Why does she get like this?" I asked Jess.

"I don't know. It's been happening since we were little. It use to be worse back then. It's not some kind of thing she does for attention. It just happens. It's almost like her brain rewires itself."

"Should I take her to see someone?"

"Yes, but wait until she's in a somewhat good mood or she will raise hell."

"Mommy, can I take this off?" she asked tugging at her hoodie.

"Go ahead, baby." I replied. She tiredly pulled the hoodie over her head and threw it on the floor.

"Thanks, Jess. I'll call if anything happens."

"Okay. Talk to you later," she replied and hung up shortly afterwards.

Resentmentजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें