Twelve.

Your POV

Location: New Orleans, L.A.

SMUT IN HERE

Normani was here for Mardi Gras and I went back home to check on Jess. When I got home, it was unusually quiet. I put my bags down and locked the front door.

"Jess?" I asked hearing someone yawning. She came out of her room and her eyes lit up when she seen me. She ran towards me and jumped into my arms. It eased my nerves to see that she was physically okay.

"You can't leave me for that long again," she said in tears.

"I'm sorry, Jess. I missed you so much," I told her and wrapped my arms around her.

"You're voicing how you feel? Where's my best friend and what have you done to her?" she asked making me laugh.

"Seriously, I did miss you and you had me worried about you," I told her and she sighed.

"My dad and I had got into a heated argument. He hit me and I was kinda out of it for a few days. I'm sorry," she mumbled into the crook of my neck.

"Don't you ever do that again. I'm gonna go shower and we'll finish talking," I told her and she whined.

"I wanna cuddle," she said and I chuckled.

"The sooner you let me go shower, the sooner we can cuddle," I told her and she immediately let me go.

"I'll be in your bed," she mumbled skipping through the house. I put my things away and took a hot shower. I changed into some pajamas and Jess was laying in my bed waiting for me. I put my phone on the charger and climbed into my bed.

"What did you and your dad argue about?" I asked her and allowed her to rest her head on my chest.

"We got into it because he didn't want me at my mom's funeral," she replied.

"You went? Why didn't you tell me? I would've gone with you," I said and she sighed.

"I know how much being with your mom, Jay and your siblings for the holidays meant to you. I didn't wanna ruin or kill the mood," she said looking up at me.

"Jess, you wouldn't have ruined the mood. You're my family too," I told her and she nodded.

"I'm sorry for declining your calls and no texting back," she replied.

"It's okay. Just don't do it again. You sure that's the only thing that happened?"

"I don't wanna talk about it," she mumbled.

"Okay, Jess," I told her and turned on my tv. She was still looking at me.

"How'd your date with Normani go?" She asked mischievously.

"It went great. There's way too much sexual tension built up between Normani and I. Whenever I'm around her, it's bad and she's always tempting me. I'm supposed to see her for Endymion and tomorrow, well today, if it doesn't rain," I told her.

"You're so lucky. She's so fine like way too fine," Jess said making me laugh.

"She is. She wants to meet you, so you're coming with me," I replied.

"I will embarrass myself in front of her."

"You didn't embarrass yourself in front of my mom," I replied.