Seventeen.

Normani's POV
A few days later...

I walked onto the porch of Y/N's house. I knocked on the door and the door swung open revealing a somewhat awake Jess.

"Hey, Mani. She's in her room. Possibly crying. That's all she really does now," Jess mumbled as she let me in. I nodded and walked to Y/N's room. I opened the door to see her curled up in a ball crying. She looked up at me and wiped her face.

"Hi, Mani," she mumbled softly and patted the spot next to her. I put my bag on her chair and kicked off my shoes.

"What's wrong, Y/N?" I asked her and sat down next to her.

"She never wanted me," she sobbed and laid in my arms.

"What are you taking about?" I asked her.

"M-my mom. S-she never wanted me. She doesn't care about me. She only cared about her reputation."

"What happened?"

"Blue had told me that a few days prior to me going there that she had heard her and Jay talking about me. She had ask me what publicity meant, so I told her. She then told me that that's what it was. They said I wasn't normal and that they didn't want them to believe I was. Then next day, I had overheard them talking about it and I apologized for not being what they wanted. I-I was so stupid for thinking that she w-wanted me. I hadn't felt that much joy and happiness since my adoptive parents died and she just t-took it all away," she said calmly, but still crying. I held her in my arms and rocked her until she fell asleep. Her phone kept ringing and I looked over at it. her mom and grandmother were calling back to back.

"I wish they'd stop calling," I mumbled putting her phone on do not disturb. I massaged her scalp and watched her sleep. Her flawless skin, red nose, plump lips. I kissed the side of her forehead and caressed her cheek with my thumb. She slept for a good six hours. When she woke up, her eyes were full of sadness and resentment.

"Hi," she mumbled closing her eyes.

"Hey, no more sleeping," I told her and she pouted.

"I wanna sleep forever," she whined.

"You can't then I'd never get to talk to you," I replied. She sat up and stretched. She went to the bathroom. I heard the shower turn on and she didn't come out for an hour. When she did, she had a long towel wrapped round her covering her up from her chest to her knees.

"I need a towel like this," I said playfully.

"I have more in my bathroom. Don't tell Jess. She'll steal them," she replied putting lotion on.

"Wanna go out or stay in?" I asked her.

"Can we go out? I've been inside for the past month moping around."

"Of course. Let's go get snoballs," I replied. She gave me a genuine smile and picked out clothes to wear. She put on her clothes while I fixed my hair and put on my shoes.

"I'm gonna dye my hair back black," she said.

"Why?"

"I don't want it like this anymore," she replied putting her hair into slicked back bun.

"Okay, we'll pick up some dye while we're out. Let's also get some crawfish," I replied wrapping my arms around her.

"I'm gonna get another tattoo," she mumbled looking down at her arms.

"Of what?" I asked.

"I don't know yet. I have a lot that I want at the moment," she replied.

"You ready to go?"