𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

Hey, guys! It's your favorite fox, Klondike!

(Or, as others like to refer to be by: Hazel, Klon, Klondy, Foxy, Ice Cream Bar, Dumbfuck, etc.)

Huge news! I will be starting a whole new gay furry romance novel, entitled, "The Sound of Your Voice". Yes, I am in the middle of writing Cake 2, but since I wrote Hit And Run alongside Cake 1, I decided to make TSOYV my next current side-project! I will be updating this book frequently as I work on Cake 2! That way, I can focus my attention on more than just one project and deliver more content to you guys!

When I first started out on Wattpad, I had only two, main, fully-thought-out story ideas (Cake and HAR) and a couple of small, mini story ideas in the back of my head. For example, one of those mini ideas centered around a romance that sparked between a few letters, which made up the entirety of the chapters. That idea was developed into my short story, 'Nevermind', which you can read on my profile page now!

Another one of those mini-ideas centered around a relationship between two people that played in a local band. Since it was the only idea out of the others that I had thought out the most—and since I'm in a band myself—I decided that this was the next story that I was going to bring to life.

I've also decided that I'm going to take a more laid-back approach to this story. With my other works, I had a whole set plan for where I was going to navigate the story, the choices the characters were going to make, and how each individual event would contribute to the plot. You can tell because I post the TOCs before even publishing the actual chapters. But this time around, although I know where I want to take the plot and the characters, I haven't taken the time to think out every single thing and event that will happen. I'm just going to go for it because I really like the idea and I want to explore it my own way. I won't have to plan out a timeline or jot down extensive notes. I'll be writing freely this time, no stress and no worries! I'll just be having fun with it, you know? Isn't that the point in writing?

This can be like a learning experience for me. And I'm excited for the journey!

Before we begin, a few things: all of the "original" music that is shown in this book is pulled from the discography of one of my favorite alternative indie pop-rock bands of all time, The Greeting Committee. I'd love for you guys to check them out, they deserve a lot of attention and are incredibly underground. I've been gatekeeping them for a while, but I think it's only fair I introduce you to their stuff. They're small, local, independent, much like the band in this story.

There are scenes where the characters in this book sing and perform their songs, so if you want to listen along and read the lyrics, the songs will be at the top of each chapter! The characters mention that they 'wrote the songs', but I have no claim whatsoever over this music. It's only for the story. All the credit goes to The Greeting Committee. They're really great guys, I promise.

Secondly, some people may assume that the concept is suspiciously similar to the 2021 film, "Sound of Metal", but I assure you, I didn't copy that movie! I had this story concept long before that film was released, and yes, I did watch it, and I absolutely loved it, but I DIDN'T COPY IT I SWEAR—

I was mostly inspired by just high school indie grunge bands in general. I don't have the most authentic rock band, but I hope I can share a somewhat accurate experience with the way I write.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that this story may be my most honest and intimate one yet. I wanted to write something that related a lot to my own personal life and the things I enjoy, the friends and family I have, and the love and emotion that sweeps through all of us. This story is a love letter to my hometown and the one thing I love the most in life: music.

I faced one of my greatest fears in this novel, and that is silence. It may not sound like much, but when you really pay attention, it's the loudest sound in the whole world.

Welp, there's nothing much left to say other than I'm very excited to get to work with this book! So, without further ado, here is my newest story, The Sound of Your Voice. Enjoy!

(This book is mature. It includes homosexuality, romance, sexual content, harsh language, etc.)