Track 41 | 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀

➤ ➤ ➤

"You guys really don't have to sing it again," Levi begged, rubbing his palm against the side of his face with discomfort as we all continued to sing the same song from earlier:

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!"

Me and the others—Eden, Ari, Rian, and Torrence—all sang together in dissonant harmony, gathering around Levi as he sat before the teensy, grab-and-go-sized chocolate cake we'd gotten him, courtesy of the convenience store where Rian worked.

After the concert had ended and we had performed our final song, thanked the compliment-givers, stayed around for the final band's set, danced in the mosh pit, said our goodbyes, packed up our things, and finally drove off, we all reconvened back at my house to celebrate Levi's birthday eve. The six of us stood in a tightly-knit huddle, cooped up in the kitchen, standing around the dining table as Levi sat in the seat of honor (the chair at the end of the table) and glared at us as we all collectively belted out obnoxious, discordant vocals.

"Happy birthday, dear Levi! Happy birthday to you!"

Eden placed her poorly-made, crayon-scribbled, travesty of a paper crown on the birthday boy's head as my mother leaned over the counter and clicked on the lighter in her hand, igniting the flame of the candle that punctured the center of the dessert. We all clapped our paws together and patted Levi on the back repeatedly, giving him his well-deserved birthday punches and head noogies. The fox blushed fiercely, unable to hide the bubbly smile on his face.

"Wow, that's the best you guys could do?" My sister scoffed, pointing at the pathetic-looking cake as she entered the kitchen.

"Get out of here, dickhead," I groaned as Rosie walked past us to search the cabinets for snacks. Mom gave me a stern look, her way of warning me to watch my mouth.

"Thank you, guys, really," Levi expressed his gratitude, "it means a lot to have you all here with me."

"We can't not be here, dude. You're one of us," Eden reassured, hugging Levi's side and pressing her cheek to his shoulder. Levi beamed and rested his head against hers.

"I can't believe my lil' man is growing up," Torrence mocked and pretended to cry, wiping away an invisible tear.

"We're the same age now," Levi deadpanned.

"You're the heart of this group, man. You hold us together. Not—just—as a band, but, like, as a group of friends," Rian divulged, nudging Levi in the shoulder. "You may be our 'manager', but you're just a great friend in general, Lev."

"You guys are gonna make me cry, stooopp..." Levi whined, covering his eyes with his paws. We all collectively went 'awww' and swooned at his relentless capability to be adorable at all times.

"Live tears! Let us see!" Torrence teased, pulling at Levi's arms to reveal his tear-stained face. Levi attempted to fight back but there was no use, he didn't have the strength in him to best his brother.

"I may have just met you a month ago, but needless to say, you have my heart, Levi," Ari spoke, making Levi blush vibrantly yet again.

"What are you waiting for, dummy? Blow out the candle!" Eden cheered him on, smacking him on the back and making him jolt. Though it was difficult to hear over all the calamity, the doorbell to our house rang, prompting Rosie to handle it while we continued to celebrate Levi.

"One second—Harvey, thank you so much for letting us do this at your house," Levi shared his earnest appreciation with me, a gratified twinkle in his watery eyes.