Track 03 | 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗯𝗶𝗿𝗱

➤ ➤ ➤

"How many flyers did you hand out?" I asked Rian after ninth period had ended. The bell had rung a few minutes ago and school was now over. Students of all sorts were racing to their lockers, talking with friends, rushing to get out, or heading to detention. Everything you'd imagine in a normal high school setting.

"About fifteen," Rian estimated, five flyers left in his hand. We had been tasked with handing out flyers for our show tonight, each of us getting twenty slips of paper to give away.

I had six flyers left, only being able to give out fourteen during the day. Not a lot of people were interested. "Fourteen for me."

"Seventeen!" Both Torrence and Levi informed in unison, trying to catch up to the two of us as we made our way down the crowded hallway of loud voices and slamming locker doors.

I suddenly felt a heavy smack on the back of my head as Corey Baxter, a cliche, dumbass jock with only one-and-a-half brain cells remaining, dashed right past me. "I hope your show rocks, fuckin' queers!" He then crumpled up one of our flyers that he had somehow obtained and tossed it at us. For a high school athlete, it wasn't the best shot.

"Fuck you, cock sucker!" I yelled out after him. We watched as he disappeared into the crowd, directing our vision to someone else ahead of us.

"Hey, Harley Quinn!" Rian called out to Harley in the distance as he was taking out books from his locker and shoving them into his backpack. "How many flyers did you hand out?"

"We were supposed to hand out flyers?" Harley responded, shutting the locker door closed. We all scoffed and shook our heads in disapproval, knowing that he likely didn't feel like handing them out and lied just to cover it up. Classic Harley.

Suddenly, I felt the weight of someone on my back as they had jumped onto me from behind. I thought it was another dumb jock at first, but it was something even better.

"I handed out all twenty!" Eden bragged as she gave herself her own piggyback ride, her arms slinked around my shoulders and throat, causing me to laugh and spin her around. Everyone else in the friend group groaned and crumpled up the remaining flyers, throwing the paper balls at her. She began to scream and laugh hysterically. "I guess being female does have its benefits."

We all exited through the front doors of the high school, breaking out onto the sidewalk where there was usually a crowd of students, grades nine to twelve, all clumped together, congregating and communicating. Well, not exactly communicating, more like fighting.

Me and the band winced at the sight of two furs, a tiger and a leopard, fighting each other on the sidewalk, an audience surrounding them with phones to record the momentous occasion.

"Oh boy," Eden sighed, dismounting my back as we walked down the steps to get onto the sidewalk.

"What's going on?" Levi asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

"Welcome to Cloverland High. The scariest and most problematic shit happens here all the time," I told him. Seriously, we're like the school from 13 Reasons Why, endless complications and no hope in fixing them. "Several bad cases with students have happened here. Either, you're in the ten-percent-margin that graduates and makes it out into the world, or, you fail and end up below society's belt. Eden, would you care to share an example?"

"There was this wolf who had ran into trouble with the law and was sent to court. He got sentenced to the military," Eden explained, much to Levi's shock.

"I think there was even a fox who went here who literally died after murdering his father and running away with his serval boyfriend," Torrence added on. Yeah, it's that insane. "Promise me you won't end up like those kinds of foxes, Lev."

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗩𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 (𝙵𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙱𝚡𝙱)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara