Track 04 | 𝗙𝗹𝗼𝗮𝘁 𝗔𝘄𝗮𝘆

➤ ➤ ➤

I parked my bicycle and chained it against the fence of Rian's apartment. Rian, Eden, Torrence, and Levi's bicycles were also chained against the fence, as they had gotten here earlier. Harley's was just lying on the floor.

I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Rian, telling him that I was here with the added nickname of "bitch" at the end. He responded with an "ok" and another "bitch".

I opened the gate and walked through the fence, but didn't continue onto the front steps that led to the front door. I looked up and watched as Rian climbed out from his window onto the fire escape. His apartment was on the third floor, so instead of using the given indoor stairwell, we used the fire escape to enter his home. He walked along the platform to the right side, reaching the metal ladder. He flipped a hinge and the ladder lowered itself to where I was with a metallic creak. I gripped my paws on the steel bars and began to climb my way up. I've done it a thousand times so I had gotten used to it, even with the bulky guitar bag on my back.

"What took you so long?" Rian wondered as I reached the fire escape platform. 

"Had to do something for my mom," I responded. Once I had gotten to my feet, we clapped our paws together and gave each other a small hug. I patted his back in the process and we separated. 

Rian turned around and headed back across the platform, returning through the window. I followed nonchalantly as if we had practiced it. The window was halfway open and the curtains were blowing through the outside breeze coming in. I stuck my foot inside, grounding it on the cushion of a worn-out couch. I clutched my paw against the edge of the window and leaned in, climbing inside.

I stumbled a bit once I had made it through, but then I stabilized myself and looked up to take in the sight of Rian's room. It was pretty spacious but incredibly messy and busy. In the middle of the floor was a carpet with many mic stands and a drum set behind them. Wires were sprawled out, all over the floor, making it easy to trip and fall over. All over the walls were foam soundproofing tiles and duct-taped blankets to preserve echoes and unwanted ambiance. Rian's apartment was small and cheap, so his bedroom morphed into the living room, which also morphed into the kitchen and dining room. The bathroom was the only separate space detached by a door.

To the left of his room was a rack of many different electric guitars, Rian's bass, an acoustic guitar, and a ukelele. I watched as Rian acquired his bass and fitted it inside of his guitar case, much like the one strapped to my back. Torrence did the same with his own guitar, while simultaneously packing up his Yamaha keyboard.

"Where did you even go?" Eden asked as she helped Harley disassemble the drum set, ready to be moved. I leaped off of the couch, landing on the carpeted floor.

"I had to volunteer at the food shelter with my mom," I lied, watching as they placed the cylinders onto a wooden platform with wheels attached to the bottom. They began to tie a tight rope around the drum set, fastening it into place.

"Aw, that's so sweet!" Levi gushed as he struggled to carry the heavy amp.

"Liar, he was probably hooking up with some girl," Torrence teased as he wrapped up a wire in a circular motion, placing the roll under his arm. Levi looked at Torrence with confusion, and then at me with shock.

"Don't listen to your brother, Lev," I chuckled, grabbing the microphone stands and collapsing them, attempting to help out.

"You guys ready?" Harley asked, grasping the handle of the wooden platform and making his way towards the apartment door, the wheels of the load rolling behind him.

"Need help with that, Lev?" Eden giggled at the sight of the small fox wrestling with the large machine.

"I got it!" Levi grunted, flustered. Eden shrugged and glanced at us, trying hard not to laugh. We all loved Levi, he was adorable, even if we played around with him occasionally.