Track 31 | 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗼𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗻 𝗔𝗴𝗲

➤ ➤ ➤

"Harvey?"

I had been staring at Ari's face for a bit too long again, falling victim to his enamoring complexion. This is probably the fifth time this has happened today.

He was across the room, fiddling with his drumset, turning the knobs that lined the frame of his floor tom, tuning it to the right pitch. I sat on the couch with my paws clenched around the neck of my guitar, a desirable urge taking over.

I'm just so in awe of him; his physical existence, his stance and composure, and the fact that he and I were involved in some sort of romantic situation. Even though the circumstances of our relationship are up in the air right now, the lack of clarification is kind of exciting. There are so many possibilities of what we could be, and yet, here we were, not pursuing any. For now, we just appeared to the others as two friends. Two friends with a secret: an underlying promiscuity that tied the both of us together in a secretive, clandestine context.

This is my first time feeling or experiencing anything like this, so can you blame me for zoning out?

"Harvey!" Rian raised his voice, jolting me out of my trance. I frantically looked up at him, noticing that he had been trying to get my attention for the last minute or so, waving a hand in front of my face.

"S-orry," I croaked, shaking my head as I returned to the real world. "What's up?"

"Can you hand me the wire?" Rian requested with a tone of voice that made it clear it wasn't the first time he asked. I turned to my side and noticed the amp wire for his bass on the couch cushion next to me.

"—Right, my bad," I apologized, grabbing the wire and handing it to him.

"You okay, man? You tired?" Rian checked in, unwinding the cord and handing it to Torrence, who proceeded to plug the wires into the amp in the middle of Rian's living space. We were once again back at his apartment for another rehearsal with the band.

"No, no—I'm just kinda out of it," I mumbled to myself, knowing the real reason for my lack of attention.

"You've been kinda out of it all day," Rian chuckled. Once again, his words fizzled out as my concentration focused back on the Australian Shephard, still on his knees, working away at the tuning of his drums. He tapped it a few times to hear the pitch of the beat. "...Is something distracting you?"

"...What?" I questioned, looking back at Rian. He was now kneeling to my level, conducting a private one-on-one chat.

"What's been going on between you two? I've been meaning to ask," Rian questioned me below his breath, asking out of curiosity. My eyes widened with shock, overcome by the fear of being caught-red-handed, ogling over the boy that stood not even a few inches away from us.

"What?" I repeated.

"You know..." Rian whispered, tilting and nudging his head in the opposite direction of Ari. Confused, I turned to look in the direction in which he pointed, landing my sights on Eden, who was raiding Rian's fridge.

"Eden?" I whispered back. "What about her—?" 

Once again, I remembered the situation. Rian still doesn't know about what happened between us at the date and the fact that I might be having a homoerotic internal crisis over our very own drummer.

"You know what I'm talking about," Rian grinned mischievously, resting his paw on my shoulder. "You never told me if you got the girl or not."

"Uhm—" My eyes darted back over at Ari, who was now currently explaining to Levi what he was doing since Levi apparently didn't know that you had to tune drums. "I'll have to tell you about it later—"