Track 18 | 𝗠𝘆 𝗕𝗼𝘆 (𝗧𝘄𝗶𝗻 𝗙𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮𝘀𝘆)

➤ ➤ ➤

"I got you, don't worry," Arizona tended to my fears, grabbing firmly onto my arms as I climbed through the window. I grunted awkwardly as I set one foot down on the bed inside Ari's room, allowing me to shove my entire body through.

It resulted in me accidentally falling on top of Ari as we both landed on the mattress. Ari blew a raspberry, shoving me off of him. I landed on the blankets as he stood up and closed the window, shivering from the cold. "You'd think it'd start to get warmer in March."

"April feels more plausible," I noted, looking up at him from the bed.

"I can't wait for summer," Ari said, stepping over me and approaching his record player in the corner of his room. "I haven't seen the sun in so long. It's just been clouds now."

I looked out the window, realizing he was right. It was about 3:30 PM, school had just ended a half-hour ago, yet it seemed very dim and misty out there. "This'll technically be our last March as high school students, we might as well savor the cold rainy season while it lasts."

"I never liked the cold rainy season." Ari leaned down and skimmed his fingers through the record shelf, looking for something to put on. I turned my head upside down while lying on the bed, seeing a flipped image of his back while he searched.

"You never know, it could bring back certain memories in the future that you wouldn't expect to be nostalgic."

"Yeah, well, I don't really find myself sticking to emotions in that way," Ari chuckled, carefully sliding out an album, one that looked familiar. "Music has been really the only thing in my life that's been permanent."

I took my eyes off of him, directing it to the ceiling. I sighed through my nostrils and furrowed my brows. I feel so bad for him. But I know I can't say anything or else he'll be annoyed.

"Now, it's my turn to play my music," Ari concluded, pulling out another album from the shelf and looking at the two of them, side by side. "I'm wondering, though, what's the best album to start you out on... I don't really know if you're mentally prepared for half of these."

"You like complicated music."

"I like music that makes me feel things."

"All music does that."

"For specific people." Ari then turned around and sat on the floor, next to the shelf. He held out two albums, acquiring my attention. I flipped over on the bed to stare at him upright. "You've got a choice. Either you listen to my favorite album of all time, Twin Fantasy by Car Seat Headrest, which is, by the way, a fuckin' mental breakdown, or The New Abnormal by The Strokes, which I feel is easier to digest."

"I'll listen to your favorite one."

"Daring today, aren't we?" Ari smirked, placing the other album back on the shelf and standing up with his favorite record. I laid back down onto the bed, facing the ceiling again as Ari put the record on the player. "By the way, Victrola's are, like, terrible in quality, so if you're ever thinking of getting a record player, don't buy these ones."

"How come you bought it?"

"I didn't, I found it in the basement." Ari had set down the black disc onto the turntable.