Chapter 30 : Wilderness

After couple of months...

Riddhima joined one of the best schools of Guwahati, she daily go to school and studying with full concentration.

On one such day...

She just came from her school and after getting freshen up she was seating in her room's balcony and gazing the sun which wass about to set.

Her phone rang, she took her phone and a smile sparkled her face, she picked up the call.

"Hi Karan.. how are you?"

Karan : "I am good Riddhima. How are you?"

Riddhima : "I am also fine. By the where have you been all these months? I have tried your number as well but it wasn't getting connected."

Karan : "ya.. actually after St. George my older sister took me here in kolkata and I also got admission in one of the best schools of kolkata."

Riddhima's heart went bit sour after hearing name "Kolkata", but she kept aside her feelings, "that's amazing karan. Congratulations"

Karan : "Thanks Riddhima! By the way I have called you for an invitation"

Riddhima was all puzzled "invitation?!"

Karan : "yes... Next week we have Durga Puja here at my sister's place, I will be really happy if you will also be part of it."

Riddhima : "karan.. actually.. I..."

Karan : "it's ok Riddhima nobody will be judgemental please , my sister is not like that. And Vishal is also coming so please come. It's been so long we all met."

Upon hearing Vishal's name she asked "and any other is also coming?!"

Karan : "you mean to say Vansh or Aastha right?"

Riddhima didn't say anything but he understood her silence, "no they haven't invited as they are nothing for me. And Vishal has also broke his friendship with vansh post that incident. Pleas do come.... Please..."

Riddhima : "ok.. but I have to ask my parents."

Karan : "ok... Reply me ... Take care bye"

Riddhima : "ya bye you too take care"

She put down the call.

In evening at the dinner table...

Riddhima : "Mumma papa today karan called me for invitation of durge puja at his sister's place in kolkata, can I go??" She said breathlessly

Before Aashish could say anything Poonam "but where will you stay?"

Riddhima : "at his sister's place Mumma"

Poonam : "for how many days?"

Riddhima : "ashtami only"

Poonam : "Aashish??!"

Aashish : "Poonam ! Now whole life we can't caged here in Guwahati right? Let her go. She will also get change."

Poonam : "but it's in kolkata" she emphasized the city name

Aashish : "so what?"

Poonam rolled her eyes, "when you father daughter have decided everything then what's the point to drag me in this? Riddhima why are you being formal with your own mother?"

Riddhima : "mumma there is nothing like that, you are misunderstanding me"

Poonam : "listen to me very very carefully, if you ever try to meet that Vansh, I will never going to see your face. Now choice is yours"