two

"We found a match for you and you're going to see him." My mom said with a straight face and I just gaped at her. "What do you mean a match for ME?" I yelled dramatically.

I mean, who wouldn't be shocked? I just got out of work planning wedding catering for others and my mom is planning my own wedding? Without my knowledge?

"Oh don't be dramatic, Radhi. You're just going to meet him not marry that guy." She said with a light chuckle. "I heard he's a good boy. He's pretty well-settled too." There comes my dad, Madhanathan, who is finally separated from his phone.

I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"You were not making any choices of your own so we got ahead of you. Why don't you just meet the man first?" My mom said with a dramatic gesture.

"That's it. I'm going back to my place! It suppose to be my chill week with you guys and now you made it difficult." I sighed and went straight up to my room. I packed my bag that I came with and went back downstairs.

"Do whatever you want but eat first." My mom dragged me to the kitchen and stuffed me with dosa. Typical caring brown mom.

Thank god for food.

"I know you think that we're pushing you but we're getting old and I want to see you happy. After all the things we went through, seeing you happy is my only goal." My mom said while feeding me dosa and 3 colourful chutneys.

My eyes filled with tears. I know what she meant. I know she means good after what happened but I don't think I'm ready. I don't think I ever will be.

I gave my mom a hug and bid my goodbye to both of my parents. I silently drove to my place and thought about what my mom said. I parked my car and went up to the 10th floor.

I took a shower, changed into my banana printed pyjamas and stood at my balcony with a cup of water. Just stared at the lights of the city.

Thinking.

I'm not ready to talk about what happened and honestly, it's been hard getting out from that. Bringing it up will just give me nightmares and I just have started sleeping properly. Behind this smiley face and friendly persona, there lies a very fragile and anxiety filled soul. I just hope this matchmaking will disappear like a passing cloud.
-----------------------------------------

Be at Paps by 7pm. He will be there. Tq - mom

Okay ma. I will be there by 8pm 😉

I stared at my mom's text. She's cute and I know we have this love-hate relationship but I can't live without my mom. Even-though its been a week since my mom dropped the bomb, I still haven't come to a decision but I'm just going to wing it.

For her.

I'm currently staring at my black flowy floor length dress and has lacey long sleeves and paired it with a chunky black belt. Tied my dark brown curly hair in a bun, put on some light makeup but coloured my lips with maroon red lipmatte! I can never go wrong with red lips. I took my strappy nude heels and grabbed my purse along the way out.

My mom would have not approved of this outfit but Anu thought it was pretty. I smiled at her response and quickly texted back that I'm already here to meet the guy which I don't know the name of.

I went in the restaurant and surprised that my mom booked a table for us. "For Radhi right? Your date has arrived." He said while leading the way. I was a nervous wreck when we were already at the table. Because there was no one.

"Maybe he went to the restroom? Please be seated." The waiter quickly said in an unsure tone because I swear I was going to murder this guy if he ditched me even before meeting me.

I plopped myself on the unattended chair and looked outside the big tall window beside me.

I'm so nervous. My hands were shaking and I can feel myself getting panic. I reached my phone and dialled Deeps number. "God no. Not now." I mumbled.

"Radhi?"

My phone fell because I was startled by the husky voice in-front of me. He quickly bent down, took my phone and gave it to me. "Sorry I scared you. I just went to washroom real quick." He said while holding out my phone at me.

Those are some big ass hand.

"Yeah, no problem. Thanks." I grabbed it quickly and fidgeted in my chair. "It would be nice to see your face." He chuckled. Oh yeah, I haven't seen his face yet.

I looked up and stared at his face.

One word. Freaking beautiful.