forty-nine (part 2)

Radhi POV

"Anu? How are you?" I asked hugging her and she hugged me back gently.

I was a little surprised because she haven't picked up any of my calls.

She smiled a little weirdly and glanced at Kabeer that was sitting on the couch.

"Come on in! What brings you here suddenly?" I asked letting her in and I spot a figure standing at the edge of the walkway.

"Bala? What the hell are you doing here?" By then, I could feel Kabeer standing beside me.

I can feel him giving out death vibes to him.

"I- I want to talk to both of you. Please." He pleaded with a sad face. I looked at Kabeer who was giving him the coldest stare.

He glanced at me, giving a gentle nod. I nodded at Bala letting him in. Kabeer quickly pulled me beside him and we sat at the couch together.

Anu and Bala fidgeted on the couch while Kabeer was still staring at them with his arms crossed.

He looked scary. Even I was scared to talk to him.

"Uh- wow, you look bigger than you use to." Anu pointed at Kabeer's arms and he glared at Bala. I looked at Anu weirdly.

"Needed to be stronger if I want to get hit by a car again." He said lowly.

Anu nudged Bala lightly and he looked at us nervously.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did. I was blind with jealousy and thought I could do anything to get Radhi. I was wrong and I'm so sorry. Please tell Mr Abhishek to take back his complaint. I'm going to lose my license as a lawyer and my name will be blacklisted. Please." He begged and I pitied a little by his pleading but I looked at Kabeer, who was still glaring at him.

Ready to jump on him if he says anything.

"Please, Radhi. My brother is sorry for what he did. It was a misunderstanding." Anu said looking at me. As much as I understand her feelings,

I couldn't agree when she said it was a misunderstanding.

I felt anger building up inside me. This was not a misunderstanding.

"What do you mean by misunderstanding? In which part didn't he get, when I said I'm married and never had feelings for him? He literally hit my husband with a damn car and I almost lost him." I said trying my best not to glare at her.

How dare she says it's a misunderstanding.

"But my brother's life will be ruined! He won't get any job after this." Anu said looking at me with desperation.

Am I crazy? Did I hear her right? Did she really just say that?

"I was almost a widow! Why can't you understand that?" I yelled at her because she was being ridiculous now.

"But he's alive! Sitting right beside you! Having a happy life! My brother won't get any of that if you put him in jail. You still have time to back out. Please, Radhi! You guys are rich, you can do anything you want with a little money." She whispered the last part and I looked at her with wide eyes.

Money. At the end, the big pile of money blinds their thoughts.

"Anu, seriously you too?" Kabeer said rolling his eyes and groaned frustratedly.

"He could've fucking died and no amount of money would've brought him back. After all the things we've been through, this is how you see me?" I said trying to hold back my tears.

I can't handle this stupid thing anymore. These people are out of their mind.

The person who I trusted the most is sitting in front of me, gambling with my husband's life.