nine

Its been over a week since my encounter with Kabeer and I haven't missed the amused grin that he gives every now and then when I accidentally see him.

I have tried to avoid him so many times but he is freaking everywhere.

"You know, you've been weird since you the team building vacation. Did something happened?" Amy spoke up after rambling the stuffs I needed to do.

Only if she knows what had happened.

I haven't told anyone about the incident between me and Chris or me and Kabeer.

I can feel Chris shooting daggers every now and then we sees me. I just simply ignore it and get one with my day.

"Nope. I'm good. I'm just stressed with my mom as she's been nagging me about Sakshi's wedding. You're coming right? Tonight for the reception?" I asked Amy since Sakshi invited her too.

"Yup and I am excited! But we still have to work since we will be handling the catering today". She grinned and I nodded.

I took my laptop from her hands since I took a day off today and it's the weekend too.

She came down all the way to my place to just look at my dress since she couldn't wait for it and was snapping pictures and sending it to Sakshi.

"I still don't get it why are you guys so excited about my dress?"

"Because there will be guys! It's time for you to get out of your weird celibacy that you're going through!" I stared at her shocked.

"What? It is true. I feel like you're holding yourself from any type of relationship, so both Sakshi and I made a vow to find a guy for you tonight!" She jumped excitedly while I just shook my head at their crazy thoughts.

After she left I continued to work until my mom called.

"When are you coming over? You're always late! It's your cousin's wedding na." She continued rambling some other stuffs while I just silently listened and hang up.

Being the only girl in my family with overly attractive brothers, I've never liked being in the centre of attention.

It's always the girl with attractive brothers.

God knows how many times their girlfriends bullied me because they thought I was some random girl that lived with them.

Yup, because they never told them that they have a sister.

I know, jerks. Sometimes I feel like they hate me.

We use to be close but along the way when they grew up and got married, everything changed.

I quickly showered and stared at my black lehenga.

Long sleeved black top with slightly V shaped neckline and gold embroideries at the end of the sleeves, slightly poofy skirt with gold embroidery on the end of the skirt and a big black dupatta.

I paired it with big gold antique jhumka earrings and black & gold bangles.

I normally would go with a saree because my family is South Indian but hey who said we couldn't embrace each other's culture?

In Indian culture, everyone always goes with colourful attire either it's for wedding or daily wear, while I, on the other hand always loved dark colours.

My mom is definitely going to disapprove.

I wore my whole attire, tied my hair in a tight sleek bun with a simple makeup and took a cab to Sakshi's place because I was way too lazy to drive with this poofy dress.

The driver looked at me weirdly while I just gave him an awkward grin.

I arrived at 20 mins later and I swear I could hear the music right before the cab took a turn to her house.

Her parents 3 storey massive house was decorated with lights and flowers.

I just chuckled at the shocked expression of my cab driver and handed him a 20 dollar bill while carefully stepping out of the cab.

I held tightly to my purse and saw people talking and laughing in groups. It warmed my heart seeing everyone so happy and enjoying the moment.

I walked in while smiling and nodding to anyone that I might know. I saw my mom waving aggressively at me and right then, the whole group of aunties looked around.

and this is why I hate going to wedding sometimes. Brown aunties judgements are like on the another level that you cannot beat.

They were whispering something among each other and gave me a sly smile when I walked to my mom.

I bowed a little and smiled at all of them while my mom pulled me the other side.

"What's with the vampire look? I've told you a million times, let down your hair! Why do you always keep it in a bun?" She questioned with her hands on her hips while I just shrugged.

She pinched my arms and walked away, annoyed. I just chuckled at her dramatic gesture.

I walked to Amy that was busy looking around. I nudged her and she looked at with wide eyes.

"Oh you are so FREAKING PRETTY!" She squealed and a few of the guests turned around.

"Alright thank you for appreciating my beauty come on let's get to work." I dragged her to the catering section and checked all the things needed.

I had a checklist in my hands when my mom called.

"Radhi come here, meet Uncle Abhi and Aunt Ardas! You're always working." I heard her huff.

I was excited to meet the both them since they are my parents best friends and I actually haven't met them, even once.

I always heard stories of how the use to ditch school together and play pranks on the teachers.

I walked to my mom and saw Mr Mehta and his wife.

"Uhh Mr Mehta? Is there any problem?" I asked him and he looked at me.

"Ms Radhi? You are my best friend's daughter? Oh I never knew! This is so surprising!"