five

I've been successfully ignoring my new CEO for a whole month. He might as well been avoiding me too because I haven't seen even a glimpse of him.

My mom has been nagging me since I ditched Kabeer on the date. She doesn't know about it but I need to keep it a secret to stay alive.

I just can't handle these things right now. As much as I try to swallow my feelings and memories down, it just won't.

I'm currently in my parents house sitting and getting lectured by my mom for not oiling my hair while she does it for me.

"You're already 25 and you still cannot take care of your hair. This is why your hair is falling like leaves." She said dramatically. I sighed

"My hair is fine. Don't be dramatic." I said while sticking out my tongue. She lightly slapped me on my arms.

"You know that Sakshi's wedding is right around the corner right? They have around 4-5 events and you have to attend all of it! You might find a guy there." She wiggled her eyebrows playfully.

"Yeah I talked to her the other day and hell no! I'm not going to come for all of it. That's too tiring and imagine the dresses I need. Sorry but no." I quickly ran away before she hits me with something.

I heard her yelling in the back.

"Bye mom see you at the reception!" I shouted and dashed out off the house.

I made a quick stop to pick up a coffee and walked to my office.

I felt a hand wrapping around my waist and saw Sakshi giggling up at me while Amy walked beside me.

"Hello my weirdly happy human beings, may I know what are you guys so happy about?" I asked while glancing at both of them.

Amy just let out a dreamy sigh while Sakshi kept giggling.

"I'm so excited for my wedding! I can't wait to wear all the dresses and marrying the love of my life!" She squealed happily and gave me tight hug which made my body went still.

I do not like hugs unless it's from Anuradha, which was always a side hug anyway.

"Oops sorry! I forgot you didn't like hugs." She apologised but still giggled all the way to the elevator.

"I'm thinking about our CEO. How handsome and charming he is. I just want to melt away." She sighed. Again

"This is way too early for such emotions and I just want to work. Work makes me excited!" I squealed while both of them looked at me like I was crazy.

"No wonder you never had a boyfriend. Workaholic ass." Sakshi commented and I just rolled my eyes and chuckled.

They wouldn't understand anyway.

Sakshi got off at her floor and we went up to our floor. I walked to my cabin while Amy entered hers.

I checked the preparations and events that needed my supervision suddenly Amy peaked inside my cabin.

"Uhh the CEO wants to see you. Right now." She rushed while I just panicked like stupid. I almost stumbled on my boots.

"You're so lucky by the way." Amy squealed. I rolled my eyes and walked to his floor.

Like any dramatic CEO, he has his own floor. I know, dramatic.

I wonder why he wants to see me. I hope he doesn't question me about the date.

I know I embarrassed myself horribly but I just hope he doesn't remember or had a selective memory loss.

I gave a quick nod to his assistant outside and took a deep breath before going in. I slowly knocked on the door.

"He knows you're coming. You can go inside." Sarah with a smile. I gave her a quick grin and prayed for all the lords I know and opened the door.

He was sitting on his chair while checking some papers. He looked way different than I first saw him.

He was wearing a dark blue suit with white shirt underneath and I have a weird obsession over guys with suits so, PLEASE HELP ME.

I awkwardly coughed and he looked up.

That damn eyes.

"Ms Radhi. Good to see you. I see you've been busy. You're the only person I haven't met since I've been appointed." He said with a straight face. Not even a smile.

Where that big bright smile went?

"Yeah, like you said. I've been busy. S-sorry." I let out a cough.

Then he chuckled.

"I'm sorry but you look so cute being nervous! I heard you were the most hard headed, scary boss on your floor. I didn't expect this at all." He said while laughing.

This bitch was testing me?

"I won't bite you. What are you so nervous about?" He asked while wiggling his eyebrows.

He stood up, took a seat beside me and put his hand under his chin and waited for me to answer.

"I-uhh I'm sorry for the other day." I said with my head low. I do felt guilty because he's not in fault here and I just left without an explanation.

"Nah, I don't mind but I was a little offended someone like me was ditched." He shrugged casually. I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"You know. Like me? Handsome,rich, great smile and a lot more." He said with amusement. I almost want to punch him on the face.

"Oh thank god I ditched you. You're one of those jerks! Okay now, bye mister. I'm leaving." I said and I stood up. Gosh I thought he was nice and bubbly but damn, he's a self absorbed douche.

Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to look at him. He was so close and just looked in my eyes. Our bodies touched and I froze.

I struggled to pull back my wrist despite the good amount of strength training I do. He wrapped his other arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

I gasped.

He looked at me with pure amusement with a loop-sided grin. "See you soon, Radhi." he whispered near my ear.

With that, he let me go and walked out of his office with a stupid grin on his face.

Fucking bitch made my legs jelly.