eleven

We are currently inside Kabeer's car and I'm fidgeting on how to react because it is dead silent here. He's just silently driving while I couldn't even glance at him.

I just decided to look out the window. It's weird how is vibe changes so fast. Or am I the only one feeling these things?

and since when I care about guys?

'since he asked you whether you're okay and calmed you from the panic attack' my mind retorted.

"You look like you might just fly out of the car anytime." Kabeer voiced out. I turned around and saw him glancing at me.

"Uh- no I'm fine. I'm just tired." I said nervously while scooting closer to the door.

Where is my damn voice and why am I so nervous around him?

We slowly stopped outside my building. "You live here alone?" He asked while I was about to open the door.

"Yup. All alone and thank you for dropping me." I opened the door and he switched off his engine and walked out the car.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm coming with you. It's late already." He said and locked his car. He stood beside me with his hands inside his pant pockets and looked at me.

"You need to go first because I don't know where your place is."

"I forgot about that." I mumbled and walked in-front of him. I got into the elevator and pressed level 10.

He just leaned in the elevator with his arms crossed. I just noticed that he took off this coat and just wearing his black shirt with a few top buttons open.

I was startled when the elevator dinged and a few guys came in. Some of them were looking drunk and loopy.

I quickly squished myself in the corner right of the elevator.

Right behind Kabeer.

It was a total reflex move.

I have a thing with drunks. I get scared easily by them because I'm short and they somehow magically get stronger when they're drunk.

"Hey look at this cutie." A guy commented while trying to reach for me. I automatically gripped on Kabeer's shirt.

"Back off before I break that arm." He said with a cold voice and the guy threw his hands up in defeat and thankfully, got out on the next floor.

I saw Kabeer's fists balled beside him. I saw my own hands being red from gripping his shirt so tight and I slowly slide from behind him.

The elevator dinged again and we got out together. He walked behind me without any sound. Just our footsteps.

"This is me." I stood in-front of my door. He nodded and looked around.

"Thank you for sending me until my front door and for the thing in the elevator too." I said while unlocking the front door and avoided eye contact.

"and also for not letting me fall. And sorry for stepping on your foot. Gosh, I did so many things." He just stared at me with a small smile while I just rambled.

"I'm definitely embarrassing myself so I'm just gonna disappear now." I mumbled while getting in.

He was definitely giving me a big smile right now and looking at me like I was a fool.

"But seriously, thank you." I said while spinning around to him. "I would invite you in but it's late soo-"

"Can I kiss you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Can I kiss you?"

Is this guy serious right now? I just looked at him speechless.

"No."

"Good. You shouldn't let anyone kiss you." I rolled my eyes. Duh, I know the obvious.

"Except me." with that he gave me sweet lingering soft kiss on my cheek, smiled and left. My face was red again.

I just stood there for a solid 2 minutes to digest what the hell just happened.

I quickly locked my door and ran to my balcony just to see his car slowly driving away.

What the hell just happened?

I was startled with my phone's ringtone. It was my mom.

"You're home safe?"

"Yup perfectly safe and sound." I said while touching my cheek. The guy just took my first kiss.

"Okay, next week you need come home. The Sharma's are coming to see you." She said excitedly. I was confused.

"They just saw me? What do you mean?"

"They're coming to ask for your hand in marriage. For Kabeer." Did I heard wrong? She didn't just say that.

"Mom do not joke around. I'm already tired and confused. Can we talk about this tomorrow?" I said while massaging my head that is throbbing with headache from the sudden news.

"Alright alright, but please wear your best salwar kameez or saree please and-" with that I just hung up. I cannot handle this right now

First, Kabeer's kiss and now this. Too much shock for one night.

Amy and Sakshi definitely jinxed me. Those bitches gonna die this Monday.