twenty-two

After realising my emotions, I've been more awkward than ever and he looks at me puzzled but he just smiles later on.

While I on the other hand, kept thinking on how to tell him. I'm terrified to be rejected.

Even though he told me he likes me, love is just another whole level.

I would do anything for this man and I realised I trust him and hell, I swore I won't be clingy but I'm so damn clingy to him.

"I can see wheels spinning. What happened? You okay?" He asked while holding my hand and gently rubbed his thumb at the back of my hand.

"Peachy. I'm just thinking about what to make for dinner." I grinned, trying to convince him and he just looked at me like I said something crazy.

"I'll be home late because I have a few meeting to catch up. Enjoy the day with the girls and be safe!" He kissed my forehead and dropped me at the office while he went of to the meeting.

I walked into the office, still having weird glances. I just shrugged and walked to my cabin.

Amy bursted in with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"I am so damn excited for our girls day today! I'm thinking sushi, are we having sushi?" She asked and kept on rambling.

We finished everything that was necessary for the event and I triple checked the food, rsvp lists and speeches so that the event will run smoothly.

Even though it isn't my department, my father in law ordered everyone to check it with me. He only requested black tie theme and others was decided by me. I love my in laws.

Anu met us outside our building and all of us stuffed ourselves inside the limo.

"I still don't get why he has to be so dramatic by sending a limo. We're just getting dresses." I exclaimed and crossed my arms while the girls squealed excitedly entering the limo.

"He said to have fun and not complain about the limo." The driver said blankly with a straight face. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window.

We stopped at a certain dress shop that Amy was too excited about. Knowing that she will drag us here, we just agreed.

We were greeted with champagne and hors d'oeuvre. I don't drink, so I had orange juice instead. All the of us walked around the shop while scanning through the dresses.

I sat tiredly at the sofa after an hour of searching with them. After a while, 3 of them had at least 2 dresses in their arms.

This is going to be a long day.

"Okay, this is it!" Amy squealed while me, Sakshi and Anu sat on the sofa. Amy walked out and made model pose.

"What you guys think?"

She wore a red satin mermaid gown with a V shaped plunging neckline. It fitted her perfectly with her short curly burgundy hair. We gasped looking at her. "Okay I'm hot. I'm getting it!" She exclaimed and went back into the fitting room.

Sakshi walked out on a dark emerald green satin gown with spaghetti straps and sweetheart neckline.

"Guys, it has pockets!" She wiggled her hands from the inside of the pockets. We just knew it was the one.

Anu came out in a halter neck, black mermaid gown which was backless. She wiggled her eyebrows playfully and cat walked to us.

"Phew, I would totally go gay for you only if Alan didn't exist." Amy said fanning her face dramatically.

"Okay Radhi, it's your turn. Where's your dress?" Sakshi asked and I just grinned sheepishly.

"Nah, I already have one. I just wanted to join you ladies. This time, I swear it's going to be a showstopper!" I clapped excitedly.

All of us had sushi, like Amy wanted and we stopped by a few stores and my eyes stared at a particular lingerie shop.

"Okay, let's go in. We know you want to buy it for your man." The three musketeers pulled me to the store.

Everyone looked something for each other and Amy was frantically spraying perfume on her body.

I walked to one of the rails and my eye caught a particular lingerie. It was a scalloped red lace set with a lace bralette top and high waisted panties.

The lace is see through obviously but so pretty. I stared at it for a while.

As much as I like it, I don't know if I'm confident enough to wear this in front of Kabeer.

"Okay ladies, we found one and she has been staring at it, like it might eat her alive. Drag her to the fitting room!!" Amy yelled out of nowhere while Sakshi and Anu pushed me into the fitting room and dumped the lingerie on me.

"Don't you dare run and we will be waiting for you outside." Amy yelled dramatically. God, she's horribly loud sometimes.

I took off my clothes and wore the lingerie. I closed my eyes and prayed to lord that it would fit because I kinda like it too much now.

I took a few deep breaths and peeled my eyes open, looking at the mirror.

"Oh my god." I gasped looking at the mirror.

I heard heels clicking and Anu pulled the curtain, all of them gasped.

"Girl, you have an amazing body and this is what you've been hiding? I would kill to have that boobs and hips. Have you seen your butt?" Amy said and looked at me adoringly. All of them did.

"Radhi, you're really beautiful. Don't let anyone get into your head. I really hope you'll see yourself like we do." Anu said patting my back softly.

The exact words Kabeer said to me and maybe, today I'm really seeing it.

"Guys, I think I'm in love."

"With the lingerie? Oh hell yeah! Because I'm look for the same one." Amy pumped her fist in the air. I rolled my eyes and wore my clothes back.

"Yes with this thing but not only that. With uh-" I still can't understand why I couldn't say his name.

"Kabeer?" Sakshi asked and I nodded while blush creeped into my face.

All of them groaned in sync and I watched them in question.

"You just realised? We saw it the day you got married. You never realised it because you were in denial and scared but at least you know it now." Amy patted my back with a smile and all of us hugged tightly.

"And we confirmed it the day you looked at him like he was the only alive thing there. We're happy for you, Radhi. You deserve it." Anu said and all of us hugged together.

I'm so damn lucky to have these amazing friends.