forty-six

Radhi POV

It's been 7 days and he's still not awake. I couldn't go into our room. Our house. I couldn't sleep or do anything.

I slept on our couch but I couldn't shake the emptiness around the house. I stared at the cheesecake in the fridge that we wanted to try together.

I threw it across the kitchen, breaking into pieces. I fucking hate how empty I felt.

"Have you eaten anything?" Amy asked sitting beside me. I shook my head, watching Kabeer for the slightest movement.

"Take this. I know you're upset but you need to be strong for him." She gave me a sandwich and I took it. She was right. I need to be strong for him.

The doctor announced that he's in a mild coma but convinced me that he will wake up.

My days went by from visiting him and going to the office. Checking his clients and mine.

He looked thinner and his hair was longer. They already took the bandage off of his head and the tube out.

The nurses helps me with changing his shirt and I always wore him fuzzy socks so that he won't get cold.

"I hate you for sleeping so peacefully without me. You told me you'll never leave me. I couldn't sleep without you on my chest. You even discovered my butt as a new pillow for you" I chuckled dryly, playing with his fingers.

"But I still like your chest better, Jaan."

"I know you do." I froze. Did he just talk?

I look up and he was staring at me with a small smile. His tired eyes were watching me and I froze.

Couldn't believe my eyes.

"Hey." He said in a raspy voice. I quickly stood up giving him water to drink and I called the doctor immediately.

I stood back, watched the doctors examine him. He glanced at me a few times and I couldn't move from my place.

"Good news, Mrs Sharma! His ribs are healing and his stitches have already taken out. We can get you discharged in a few days after his physiotherapy." The doctor said happily and I nodded at him, saying thank you.

And it was silence. I felt awkward with him watching my every move.

I sat on the same chair and looked down on my lap.

"Radhi, come here." He called and I looked up, trying so hard not to cry. He gestured me on the bed, slightly moving away.

I shook my head, gripping on the chair.

"Radhi." He called again and I slowly climbed on the bed, snuggling closer to his chest.

I missed him. I missed him so bad.

I sobbed uncontrollably on his chest. I couldn't hold it back anymore.

"I thought I lost you. You were laying on the road with blood all over your face and I couldn't-" I choked on my tears. He gently stroked my hair.

"I'm okay, Jaan. I'm safe with you. Sorry for taking so long to come back." He whispered and I clung to his shirt tightly. Not wanting to leave him.

"Don't you dare do that to me again!" I pinched his stomach and he yelped.

"Sorry sorry, I forgot you're hurt! Are you okay? Sorry, I did it out of habit." I pulled up his shirt looking for any bruise I caused.

"I missed getting pinched by you." He said smiling, with his eyes looking at me adoringly.

"I missed you. I missed you so much." I wrapped my arms around him gently, nuzzling to his chest.

I woke up and saw him staring at me with a smile.

"What?" I asked in a raspy voice and snuggled back to his chest.

"You were snoring and drooling everywhere." I heard Amy's voice talking. I focused around the room and everyone was here.

Besides Anu and Anand.

I quickly jolted up and climbed down the bed. I wiped my mouth and Sakshi chuckled.

"You were not drooling but you were definitely snoring." I slapped Amy's arm while she yelled dramatically.

All of them were asking Kabeer how he is and he was smiling and talking to everyone. I went to the bathroom, cleaned myself up.

I pulled my hair in a messy bun and walked out the bathroom.

"Where's everyone?" I asked stretching my body.

"All of them left. They brought you dinner. Heard that you haven't ate properly." I dropped my arms and looked at him.

I shrugged, avoiding his question and fed him his food.

It was awkward for the next few days. As if we were meeting for the first time and I was afraid of holding him, scared that he might get hurt.

Kabeer was discharged and we went back to our home. As soon as I opened the door, he glanced at the couch.

Which had my blanket over it and Spongebob sitting on it.

He slowly walked in, I held him gently by his waist and made him sit.

I put all of our stuff away, made him a drink and started cooking dinner. I had to feed him since he couldn't move his other arm properly.

"Do you think we need a bed downstairs? Can you walk upstairs?" I asked hesitantly and he nodded, walking upstairs.

I gently held his waist and made him sit on the bed.

I pulled his leg on the bed and put extra pillows for his back.

I cleaned up downstairs and walked into our room.

I haven't been on the bed in over 2 weeks. I glanced at it awkwardly and climbed on the bed.

"You've been avoiding me." Kabeer said looking at me. His hair was longer, beard was fuller and looked a little pale than usual.

"I'm not. I'm just scared I might hurt you by touching you." I whispered looking at him.

"You won't, Radhi. I'm fine. I just have a broken arm that's holding me off from hugging you. I miss my chest pillow." He pouted and I chuckled at him.

I moved closer to him, snuggling to his chest. He gently put his arm on my back.

"I'm still me, Jaan. Don't be afraid of me." He said softly and I nodded, understanding what he meant.

"I missed you so much. I haven't been on the bed. I couldn't without you." I said touching his chest lighty.

"I knew it when I saw the couch. Now just sleep okay? I'm right here beside you." He said kissing my forehead.