forty-eight

Kabeer POV

She was beaming with happiness. I haven't seen her this happy for a while. She was smiling all the way.

"Why are you filming everything?" She hasn't stopped filming since we arrived at the airport.

"Memories." She grinned with her phone focusing on me.

"Okay. Then, we need to film our nights too. Since, you know memories." I winked at her and she shoved her phone right away, with her blushing face.

She leaned on my shoulder, looking out the window while the tour guide took us to the island.

I booked a private villa, just for ourselves since Radhi specifically requested it to be two of us only.

The tour guide showed us around while Radhi slowly looked around. Her dress was flying from the wind and she frantically pulled it back.

As soon as the tour guide left, she shrieked excitedly.

"This is so beautiful! I can see the sea from over here! This whole place is just for the both of us?" I nodded and she pinched me for spending too much.

"You said only you and me! My beautiful arm is going to be bruised." She rolled her eyes but still dragged me to see the room.

"It's so beautiful here. Look! Sunset!" She frantically took her phone out and took a picture of the sunset.

I hugged her from behind, watching the sun sets.

"It's beautiful. I bet we could see stars at night! We should definitely do that and I'm gonna shower first because I feel sticky." She excitedly went to shower while I watched her, silently.

"What? You okay? Does your arm hurt? Is it your head? I brought your medication." And just like that, she goes on full wife mode.

She was worriedly looking at me, checking everywhere.

"I'm okay, Radhi. I'm okay." I held her hand and she silently hugged me. I know she's still paranoid about the accident.

I couldn't even cough randomly, she'll drop everything she's doing and will be running to me.

"You sure?" She asked again and I nodded, convincing her. She turned around and went to shower.

I looked around the place, thinking maybe I can buy it if Radhi likes it too much.

She'll just probably pinch me harder.

"Kabeer?" I hummed in response, trying to keep my eyes open. I almost dozed off waiting for Radhi to come out.

"Are you sure there's no one around here besides you and me?" She asked and I hummed back, dozing off.

After a while, I felt a light tap on my arm, trying to wake me up.

"I'm sorry to wake you up but I see stars out there, you wanna go?" I peeled my eyes open, looking at my wife's excited face.

"Yeah let's go. You go first, I'll come in a bit." I said with my eyes slowly closing back and she pinched my arm, waking me up.

"Okay! I'm awake! You go first, I promise I'll be out in a minute." I said jolting my eyes open. She chuckled and walked away.