four

I've been feeling groggy. I've been feeling like this for a few weeks now. Work has been hectic but not in a good way.

I just finished my boxing class and I feel a little better after the vigorous workout. I'd happily punch anyone right now.

I've been feeling low and insecure since meeting Kabeer. Eventhough he didn't do anything, it's just how I feel. I can feel myself going into the mute phase. I just sighed and dressed up for work.

Wore my light blue jeans with a white tank top and beige loose blazer.
As usual dark maroon lips and my hair in a messy bun.

Wore my sunglasses because I am not in the mood today. I walked into my office and continued with my work as usual.

Called a few of the suppliers and signed a few documents. Amy slowly knocked and peeked through my door.

"All of the department heads are being called for a meeting in the big lounge. Now." I looked at her, confused.

"Why? What's happening?" She just shrugged. I groaned and quickly made my way out.

All of the department heads were seated and I quickly sat next to Sakshi. My cousin/friend and I must highlight, the only cousin I love.

She gave me a big smile and gave a big hug.

"We're working in the same company but I haven't seen you in so long." She said while letting me free from her tight grip.

"Been busy as usual." I said with a small smile. "We definitely should catch up for lunch." Sakshi said and we continued talking about random things.

"Morning everyone!" Greeted cheerfully by our CEO Mr Abhishek Mehta. He's pretty good looking despite his age and most importantly, a very wonderful human being and boss. I could never ask for more.

"I have an important announcement to make. I will be stepping down as the CEO of Mehta's Enterprise because I want to travel the world with my darling wife." Pin drop silence around the room when he first announced but eventually everyone laughed when Mr Abhishek joked. I chuckled a his comment.

"I will be forever grateful to everyone that has supported me and acted as my pillar in building this company. I am a bit sad leaving my empire but I know my son will be as great or maybe greater than me in leading all of you. I present our new CEO, my only son, Kabeer Mehta." I heard a few sniffs and sobs around the room but I jerked up when I heard his name.

But Kabeer's last name was Sharma right? And why am I even thinking about this guy?

It's been weeks since I saw him and thankfully my mom didn't force me to meet up anyone again.

Everyone stood up, applauding our new CEO. I tip toed to take a look of our new boss. Disadvantages of being the short one. I got a glimpse of the guy.

Somehow his eyes caught mine, and hell I know those mesmerising eyes. I can see his eyes glistening and he wiggled his eyebrow at me. This asshat lied about his last name. Like my mom would say, kazhudai!