sixteen

I was sitting on the middle of my bed. My head was covered with the veil and I pulled it up to look at my friends grinning stupidly at me.

"I never thought you would get married. My pretty Radhi is married." Anu was crying by now. She knew what I've been through.

3 of them were sitting at the edge of my bed while waiting for Kabeer to come in.

"We will be with you along the way. We can see that Kabeer likes you so much. Don't be afraid to open up to him. He will understand. You are loved, Radhi." Anu said while holding my cheek, Sakshi and Amy was beside me holding my hands.

How can everyone be so sure?

"I love you guys. Eventhough you guys are crazy." They all laughed but I knew they would click together once they met Anu.

I wiped my tears and we heard a slow knock on the door.

Kabeer peaked inside and gave a small smile.

3 of them quickly stood up and Amy winked at me dirtily at me while I just rolled my eyes.

"Bye Radhi. Take care! Be safe." Sakshi winked and they all giggled like stupid.

"You guys can stay longer if you want to." Kabeer gestured. They all shook their heads and went out the door. Giggling again.

"By the way don't forget to lock the door." Amy winked and giggled again.

These humans I swear.

I quickly pulled down my veil and pulled my knees up to my chest. I've always been brought up traditionally despite the hate my mom thrown at me.

I've always been shy around guys. I always wore long sleeves and had my hair tied in a bun. A certain things that defines me.

There's nothing wrong and right necessarily.

Honestly, if it was rebel me, I might've ran away but there was tiny hope.

A hope that I held onto that Kabeer might be the one since the moment I felt safe in his arms.

I know I might sound crazy.

I felt the bed slump beside me and I tightened my arms around my knees.

"Why are you so nervous? I'm not gonna do anything but I feel like you're suffocating with all the layers around you." He chuckled while pulling the veil of my head.

"I'm minutes away from fainting." I snorted. He pulled me off the bed and helped me taking of the jewelleries.

"Now I understand why you almost fell. These things are heavy!" He gasped and I laughed.

"It's hard being a girl. Moreover, a brown girl." I said and took of my earrings. I took off all the rings, bangles and necklaces.

Yes, there layers of them and I felt lighter after all of it was gone.

"I'm gonna change because it would be impossible to sleep in this" He nodded and continued helping me putting away everything.

I just stared at him while he neatly folded my veil and dumped all the jewelleries on the veil. He looked so cute while doing that.

Gosh

"Radhi, I've been talking to you."

I was startled when he started to take out the pin from the dupatta that was covering my chest.

Let me tell you about my body, one of reasons why I always covered myself fully is because of my insecurity. I'm very insecure of my body image.

I've always worn oversized clothes. No one has ever seen me, as me.

I know, Kabeer gave me hickeys and it was all hot but I still can't bring myself to fully let go.

My black hair is actually curly with dark brown tips, I'm 5'4 while Kabeer is probably 6'1.

I have a V shaped face with chubby cheeks, dark brown eyes and curves at the places suppose to be.

I love my boobs and butt but I never showed them to anyone. So showing my body to someone is a very big deal.

I have stretch-marks everywhere and a non flat stomach.

My stomach is my biggest insecure. I have tried my best to hide my body throughout the years, now I have a damn husband, who just unpinned the dupatta and took it off my chest.

The neckline was way too deep and with his height, he could see everything.

I felt my chest tightening. I felt my skin cold from the air conditioning. My hands started to shake and I panicked when my chest was on the view.

I quickly grabbed my pyjamas and ran into the bathroom.

"Are you okay?" He asked worryingly.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Uhh- I just needed to shower and pee." I slapped my forehead right after saying that.

How freaking awkward is that.

"Oh, alright. I'll be here if you need anything." I heard him say. I just nodded and took off my heavy skirt.

I put my skirt on the side and finished my natures calling.

I wore my loose black pyjamas and got out of the bathroom. He was at the door talking to someone.

I put my dress down and it was my mom checking up on us.

"You okay, son? If there's anything you need do tell me." My mom said sweetly. I wonder how long she waited to say those words.

"Radhi, have you cleaned up yourself? Don't forget to pee. You've been holding it for a long time." She asked me directly. In front of Kabeer.

His eyes bulged out and his lips trembled holding his laughter.

"Ma! Don't ask me that! Please." She knows I'm dead serious. She just gave me a sly smile and waved goodbye.

Oh she did that in purpose.

Kabeer bursted out laughing while clutching his stomach. Honestly, this is the first time I saw him laugh properly.

He looked so good laughing like that. How can a guy look cute? while I'll be snorting like a pig.

"Alright alright let's go to sleep. Gosh, I can't believe she asked me that" I mumbled while Kabeer's laughter died down.

I plopped down on the left side of the bed and put a pillow in the middle. Kabeer raised his eyebrow in question.

"Uh- a barrier until we- uhh." I hesitated. Didn't know how to explain that I don't want us doing something that we might regret later.

"Okay. Fine by me. We'll see who will cross it." Kabeer said and winked at me. I turned red like a tomato.

"I know I definitely won't." I playfully stick out my tongue to him. He was about to switch off the lights when I remembered something.

"Wait! I need to tell you something. I'm uh- afraid of the dark and I have a small night light with me. Can I switch it on every night? But I don't mind if you don't like it. I'll adjust myself to it." I said with my face turning red.

My brothers has always teased me about my night light. They always say I'm too spoilt that's why I sleep with my night light on even though I'm 25.

"No need to be embarrassed about it. I don't mind, Radhi. I'll switch off the lights later." Okay, I thought he would bitch about it but he was being understanding.

My brothers said that my husband will hate me for this! Why did I even believe them?

I quickly stood up and switched the night light on and covered it with something so that it won't be too bright.

After I climbed on the bed, Kabeer switched off the lights and layer beside me. With the pillow being a barrier in between us.

We were currently facing each other but I was stuck to the wall so that we had bigger gap in the bed.

I have a habit on making the other person comfier than myself.

My eyes were slowly drooping and I finally felt asleep while clutching tightly to the pillow in front of me.