thirty-one

Kabeer POV

"What? Is there something on my face?" She asked while eating pizza with her legs crisscrossed on the couch.

Her hair was up in a messy bun and she was wearing one of my oversized shirts.

I shook my head smiling at her.

We were watching a movie while she was sprawled on top of me and I lightly tapped on her back.

She has been clinging to me, basically dragging me anywhere she can and I love it.

"Oh, I almost forgot. We need to go to Pooja's house. I need to talk to her mom." She jolted up and pulled me with her.

"What? No! You're not going there." I didn't want her to get hurt again. She shook her head at me.

"We're going and I always stick to what I said. I told her I'll be coming over, so yeah I'm going. She needs a proper lesson." She was determined, so I just tagged along with her.

We arrived at Pooja's place. She dragged me with her and we stood in front of the door.

Pooja's mother opened the door and looked at us surprised.

"Radhi! What a surprise! Come on in." She greeted us.

We sat at the couch while my eyes roamed around the house. Looking how I could runaway with my wife if things get heated.

"I don't want to beat around the bush, I'm here to talk about Pooja. Can you please call her down?" She asked directly at her Aunt and she looked back at her wide eye.

Pooja came down at the right moment and looked at us surprised. I can see her right cheek was swollen.

Serves her right.

"Great, Pooja is here! Let's get started. The other day, she came to my in laws farewell party and made a ruckus there. Yesterday, she barged into my home, with the guy that harassed me and asked him to do whatever he want to me because she hated me. She hates me so much because of you." She pointed directly at her aunt.

I can see her choking on her tears and I lightly stroked her back.

I flinched remembering the horrible event.

"Because you kept comparing her with me. Didn't you know that Pooja is actually better than me? She's on her way becoming a good dentist and top student at her school. In what way did she seemed less to you? Is it because of my husband? Before he came into my life, didn't you know how horrible it was? How mom was? or is it because I got married with a rich, hot guy while I'm just a fat manatee?"

I'm amazed she's still calm. And did she just call me hot and herself a sea cow? Need to change that later.

"You have ruined her by comparing to a person that didn't even need comparing. I'm not that amazing. Getting married to a good looking, rich guy isn't the only goal in life, Perima. She won't be happy just by getting married to someone just for looks. I know my husband and that's why I'm happy with him. You should be disappointed in yourself for ruining your daughter's life. Let her live her life however she wants. She might not even want to get married! Who knows? Please stop this and spend time with her. Listen to what she actually wants." She said holding her Aunt's hand.

I'm amazed and proud of my wife. I really am. Again, the strongest one I've ever seen.

If it was me, I would've punched the living out off Pooja.

We stood up together while her Aunt hung her head low.

"I didn't bring my husband here to humiliate you, I'm just clingy." I chuckled at her cocky statement.

This girl, I swear, will be the death of me.

"You. I'm not going to either forget or forgive what you did to me. I hope the best for your life but stay the fuck out of my life and don't dare to show your face anywhere near me or my husband anymore." She said to Pooja while she dropped to her knees crying.

She dragged me out of the house dramatically and we got inside of the car.

"Phew that feels good. God, the amount of stress they put me into. I just cannot-" she started to ramble and I pulled her in for a kiss.

We kissed hungrily and passionate. I cupped her face and tilted her head a little. Her fingers raked through my hair and I could feel the heat from her.

We stopped and she looked at me biting her lips.

"Yup, I needed that." She chuckled and we drove away from the house. We drove silently and she held my hand, looking out of the window.

"This is not the way home. Where are we going?"

"We are going to one of my favourite place and I'm sure you will like it. It's just a little further from home." I winked at her and she blushed furiously.

I can't get over how she adorably blushes.

We stopped at one of the hillside, overlooking the city and I parked my car at the side.

We sat on the bench and I looked at her, she was beaming happily. The wind was blowing her hair and she pulled it into a ponytail.

"What's with the saree by the way? I don't get it." I asked while leaning on the bench.

"I wanted to look presentable and we were meeting an older person. So, let's just say it's an act of respect." She explained and I nodded my head understanding.

"So, I'm hot? And the part you said that you brought me just because you were clingy and was cocky about it?. Uff, Jaan, you have my heart." I said dramatically clutching my chest.

She threw her head back and laughed. God, she looks beautiful.

"You dumbass. Don't I already have your heart?" She slapped my chest and leaned on my shoulder.

"You already did even before you knew it and you're not a sea cow. Can you stop saying stupid things? I perfectly love the way you are." I said pecking her lips and she just smiled goofily at me.

Those dark brown eyes just looked at me with such happiness.

"Okay, okay sorry. Come on let's go home. I'm getting cold." She said rubbing her hands together.

"You're joking right? Our room is much colder than this and you even sleep without a shirt sometimes! I'm the one that's cold all the time!" I said in disbelief and she laughed again.

"But I keep you warmed up at night ,right?" She said wiggling her eyebrows playfully and I knew she's back to herself.

And I'm happy about that.