twenty-three

Kabeer kept pestering me to see the dress but I would ramble about other stuff to avoid the topic about the dress.

It was the day of the event. Kabeer and I were getting ready but I was shaking through my boots. Not knowing how he would react.

I was in the bathroom getting my makeup done and actually let my wavy hair down. I wore my dark blue lace saree, which was probably the only thing I bought for my wedding.

The whole saree was lace and had beadings on it. I wore a matching saree blouse with quarter sleeves, matched it with an antique earrings.

I know it's a black tie event but nothing could go wrong with a saree.

It was my first time actually wearing something that might attract someone's eye.

"Radhi, can you help with this bow tie? This thing is annoying me." Kabeer groaned from outside. I walked outside and helped him with the bow tie.

He was busy buttoning his cufflinks on the sleeves.

For a moment, I forgot how close we were. The way his eyebrows were scrunched up and his hazel eyes stressing over his cufflinks.

"You look perfect now." I stepped back and gently smoothed his suit. He was wearing a dark blue suit with a black shirt inside.

"Thank you, Jaanu." And he looked down at me.

His eyes raked over my body, slowly not leaving a detail. He pulled me closer, wrapping his arms possessively and leaned his forehead on mine.

"You look stunning. This is far better than any dress I could ever imagine. I'm so lucky and oh god I can't let anyone-" I crashed my lips on his and his eyes went wide in shock.

I quickly pulled back thinking he didn't like it.

He pulled me back and kissed me softly but sucked passionately. I know he's been waiting but as much as I feel guilty, I'm happy that at least I know how I feel now.

His hand gently moved to my hips while my hands were grabbing his hair lightly.

I felt the same sparks and tension like the first kiss we had. I could hear his heart and also mine, thumping crazily.

He gently let me go but I took the chance to bite him on the lips gently and he responded with grabbing my butt.

We were panting and I know both us were looking goofily at each other.

"What was that? You never did something like that." Kabeer asked with annoying lopsided grin of his and his hazel eyes were glistening mischievously.

I blushed like crazy and shoved my face on his chest.

"Ah we need to skip the party. I can't go out after that kiss and you, biting my lips? Nope, cancel the event." He picked me up bridal style and I shrieked while tapping his chest.

"Kabeer, stop! Amma and Appa must be waiting we're already late." I said and wiped his lips gently but thank god for my matte lipstick, there weren't any stain.

He groaned and he put me down gently. We looped our arms together and walked to his car.

We silently drove to the party but we were smiling like stupids. Like a bunch of teenagers just started dating.

We parked right in front of the valet but he pulled me for a quick peck on my lips.

I slapped his chest and he laughed.