thirty

Kabeer POV

My heart dropped when she opened the door with busted lips and swollen cheek.

I couldn't sleep a wink, watching her sleeping and clutching tightly on me.

I felt guilty. Really guilty for leaving her behind. I'm so scared that she will lose herself again.

I hate how she keeps facing these stupid issues when she never bothered anyone.

I knew something was bothering her when she angrily ran to the room and I couldn't help but blame myself for the things happened.

She had every right to be angry at me. She suddenly woke up yelling and choking on her breath.

I held her in my arms as tightly as I could.

A gesture, as if my guilt would just wash away but no, it just worsen when she told me Chris touched her.

I should've killed that motherfucker.

I felt my heart getting stabbed by those fragile dark-brown eyes that kept looking at me, like I would abandon her anytime.

She kept waking up and assured herself that I'm actually here.

I feel fucking guilty.

The next day, both of us stayed in bed and my parents decided to Facetime us.

She was so happy talking to them and she was laughing so hard from my father's lame jokes.

Her mood just boosted to another level and I couldn't be happier.

"Beta, I hope Kabeer is not giving you any trouble! I still can throw my chappal from Moroccow." My mother said through the phone and I groaned playfully.

"No, no. He's perfect. I'm so happy with him. I want to say thank you for raising him so kind and caring. I couldn't ask for a better partner in life." She said choking on tears and my parents looked at her with her glassy eyes.

I just stared at her in disbelief.

Despite everything that had happened yesterday, she still trusts me.

"But I make better jokes than him right?" My dad butted in and she laughed wiping her tear away.

"Definitely! Much better." My dad laughed along.

"Whatever happens, we're with you and we love you so much. Don't ever worry about others and we couldn't ask for a better daughter than you. We love you and take care!" My parents said and hung up.

I couldn't ask for better parents. They've been supporting us with everything happened. Mostly supporting Radhi and making sure she was okay.

She turned around and put her head on my chest. I gently stroked her hair, afraid she might get upset if I did anything else.

"I'm sorry for getting angry at you yesterday. It wasn't your fault. It was bound to happen, sooner or later. I just wanted something to be angry at." She said slowly, drumming her fingers on my chest and I felt a hint of guilt in her voice.

"No, I should've listened to you. I should've brought you with me. It was my fault and you have every right to be angry. I'm sorry, Radhi. I can't express my guilt enough to you. I'm so damn sorry." My voice cracked because I couldn't handle the thought of losing her.

What would have I done if something really bad happened?

I couldn't handle the thought of not having her by my side.

She moved to her side, looking at me with love and she pulled me to her chest.

I sobbed like a baby and I couldn't stop it. She gently stroked my hair and kissed on top of my head.

"I'm okay, Kabeer. I'm safe, with you and let's just forget about the whole thing. We're okay. Don't worry, love." She whispered and put her arm on my back, gently rubbing my back.

She's the strongest woman I've ever met. She still manages to console me eventhough bad things happened to her.

I couldn't ask for a better partner in life. She makes me happy, the happiest I've ever been.

We stayed in the same position for a while.

"Sorry. I should be comforting you, not the other way around." I said pulling my head away from her chest.

"But I like you laying here." She made a sad face and I chuckled at her. She pulled me back and I nuzzled my head closer to her neck.

"Stop, you're tickling me!" She squealed, laughing. I did it again and she laughed while moving away a little.

I lay my head on her stomach and she stared at me, gently touching my face.

"I love you." She whispered. It was one of the kind where she says it with so much love and appreciation.

I got chills.

I got up, cupping her face lightly, crashing my lips against her soft lips. Our lips moved in sync, like it was moulded for each other.

She tugged my hair lightly, pressing our body closer and playing with our tongues.

Gently, we pulled back, pressing our foreheads together, panting harshly. I grinned at her while she blushed

"I love you too."