Charles Leclerc - Love me again

A/N: Requested by cherryshake_ . Hope you babes enjoy. Sorry for taking long with requests, will hopefully be more active soon. Much love .xx

23. "How do I make you love me again?"

The thud of heavy rain drops hitting against my window set the mood to do absolutely nothing today. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that today since I have an assignment due in a few days time. It would also be ideal to cuddle someone right about now but that's out of the question because of a certain someone.

After completing half of my assignment, which I was quite satisfied with, I decided to call it a day for work and enjoy the rest of my afternoon by taking advantage of this gloomy weather.

Taking a look at Instagram was a bad idea since I came across rumours of Charles dating another girl. So much for breaking up a month ago and wanting to 'focus on racing'. His excuse still bothers me since it was a poor one after dating for almost 3 years. I don't see a change of performance on track. I guess everything happens for a reason, maybe we're just not meant to be.

I mean if he moved on then so should I, right ? It then hit me that I should spice things up and give something for people to talk about. Before causing some drama, I called (Y/F/N), "Ello !" she answered. "Hey girly ! How are you doing on this beautiful day ?" I asked. "Terrible... I'm currently walking in the rain with no hoodie or umbrella, but otherwise I'm perfect" I could picture her fake smile plastered on her face. I stifled a laugh, "Sorry babe...You're more than welcome to come over you know that." "Thank you for the offer but maybe later this week, I have to run some errands. What's up ?" she said.

"Well, we got some drama, not exactly but kind of. I need your opinion" I said. "You had me at drama. Spill the tea girlll" she squealed. "Okay so I just finished up some work and went onto Instagram. The first post I had to see was a rumour that Charles is dating someone else" I rolled my eyes. "What the hell ? That's so low coming from him honestly" she scoffed. "I know right ? I saw some pictures of them together as well so... I thought why not post a fake relationship picture. Is that a bad idea ?" I asked hesitantly.

"Bitch that's a good idea. Petty, I like it. If you don't do it then I'll do it for you" she laughed. "Okay that's all I needed to hear. Thank you boo" I smiled. "Psht. No need to to thank me. I'll stop by tomorrow and maybe be can go out for lunch" she suggested. "Sounds good to me. Stay safe and message me when you're home" "Will do. Byeee" she said lastly before the call ended.

Thanks to recent trending videos being about 'keeping your relationship private, but not a secret', it sparked this devious idea. It was pretty easy to find a picture, all that was left was to post it. I was hesitant for a second before I just said screw it, he obviously won't care, it's just to show that I moved on as well.

I proceeded to spending the rest of my afternoon binging on early 2000's chick flicks, it wasn't until the evening when I decided to check my phone again that I noticed how many notifications I received

I proceeded to spending the rest of my afternoon binging on early 2000's chick flicks, it wasn't until the evening when I decided to check my phone again that I noticed how many notifications I received. My notifications were the highest it's ever been, well shit. We love to see it I guess.

I received countless tags on reposts as well as comments from fans, and surprisingly messages from family. Scrolling through my notifications I decided to ignore all until my eyes landed on Charles contact name, 'Eclair'. Surprise surprise.

"Ciao" the text read, I rolled my eyes, I don't have time for a conversation starter. I left him on read and proceeded with watching my movies. It wasn't even 5 minutes and my phone started to ring. It was Eclair calling, he should rather be saved at Exclair... My heart started racing, I was hesitant to answer the call because what are we going to talk about and why call now ?

"Hello" he greeted. "Hey" I answered unenthusiastically. "Are you busy ?" He asked curiously. "Well kind of.. I'm actually just getting ready to meet my boyfriend" I said with a devious smile creeping onto my face. "Oh. Erm okay never mind" he said disappointed. "Why ?" I raised a brow. "I'm actually outside your apartment door" he said embarrassment. "No way" I said lowly to myself. "Have a look" he said as I then walked towards my front door and was met with his face. I ended the call and looked at him in shock, "You- here- like..:what are you doing here ?" I asked.

"Can I come in please ?" He asked pleadingly. "What for ?" I asked back. "To talk about us" he said. "There's no us anymore. Theirs nothing for us to talk about" I said as I was about to close the door. "Wait. Just give me a chance" he said softly. "Theirs literally no point. You moved..I moved on-" "You have another boyfriend already ?" He asked in shock. "I'm offended that you think I'm not capable of moving on so soon" I shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest.

"So you must've known this guy whilst we were dating ?" He asked as he started to grow angry. "Yeah so ?" I scoffed. "You were just waiting for us to break up so you can date this guy" he said as he started to raise his voice. "You literally did the same thing. You made it seem like it was such a simple break up for your own good, but for the last 2 weeks you're rumoured to be with one girl in particular"I said as I started to get irritated. "Yes, but she's just a friend" he said.

"Funny how we dated so long and I never met this friend before" I said. Just then my next door neighbour yelled at us for raising our voices. "Please do yourself a favour and leave" I said as I shut the door. I then heard rattling of the door and in came Charles. "You weren't invited inside" I said. "Well I had a spare key" he said as he held up the key. "That was supposed to be returned to me when we broke up" I said as I snatched the key from his hand and went to sit on my couch. He sat next to me and stared, "How do I make you love me again?"

"Love ? Dream on" I half laughed. "I'm being serious" he said as he looked between my eyes. "Forget about me loving you. How do I know that you love me ?" I asked. "Well I missed you and so I came back" be smiled. "It's not that simple. If you truly loved me as you say, you wouldn't have wanted to break up after all these years" I said. "Look I'm sorry okay ? I really am. I wish I could go back in time and reverse what I did...I just needed some time to myself to think about my future personal life and I kept imagining you in it..." he said as he gently moved a strand away from my face.

"Don't play with me right now" I warned. "No jokes. I love you. I really do, and I want to continue to spend the rest of my life with you" he said as he held my hands. "Okay cute. Anyways I have to go meet my boyfriend. It was nice of you to stop by..I'll think about it" I huffed as I got up. He grabbed a hold of my wrist and pulled me towards him to sit on his lap. "Stop lying" he smirked. "What makes you think I'm lying ?" I raised a brow. "I know your facial expressions when you lie. I just know you all too well because you literally could've left the second you opened your door instead of coming back inside" He said with a smile.

"Well I've changed" I shrugged. "I want my old (Y/N) back" he pouted. "She left the building the day you left her" I said lastly and got up to walk to my room. "Ouch" he pouted as he followed behind me. "I still love you no matter what. Always have and always will" I gave him a brief look before pretending to rummage through my closet. "So is this how it's going to be ?" He asked as he leaned back in my bed and watched me. "I told you that I need to think about it" I said as I continued to skim through my closet. "I'm not going until we stop fighting" he said casually "This isn't fighting. People don't get back together based off 5 minutes talking to them after a whole month " I said as he stood up to stand in front of me.

"I like it when you're angry" he said as he got closer. "Don't" I said softly as I looked down. He lifted my head to meet his eyes as he cupped my cheeks, his thumb tracing over my lips. "You're making this harder" I pouted. Just when his lips were a mere centimetre away, he mumbled "Should I stop ?" I shook my head in reply which he wasted no time to close the gap between our lips.

It was a quick peck before he broke away, "I'll give you space" he said softly. "No no wait just a little more" I hushed him as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to connect our lips once again.