Daniel Ricciardo - Baby fever

A/N: Requested by Onceuponxwars Hope you babes enjoy. I just diagnosed myself with a case of baby fever. I wanna cry now BYE .xx

38. "Can you stop playing connect the dots with my freckles?"

Its been a long and tiring day organising a kids birthday party. This is not just any kid either, it's my best friends 3 year old daughter. Practically being her aunt, I just had to help out plan and organise the Mickey Mouse themed birthday party she wanted.

You're probably wondering why couldn't my best friend just do it herself, well, she's pregnant and me being the kind person that I am I wanted to make it somewhat easier for her.

I honestly should take up a job as a party planner on the side since I thought of every little detail. Not only did I surprise myself, but my best friend as well, at how I managed to plan this party and pull through for everything at such short notice especially trying to save us some bucks wherever I could.

Since Y/BF/N felt bad for how much I did for her, she managed to get a few people to at least set up for the party which was a big relief for me because I thought I was going to have to pull up in my pyjamas...

To be all cute I even tried to dress according to the theme by wearing a red and white polka dot dress with a pair of white sneakers, and a hint of red lipstick. Very cheesy but I'll do anything to make my little niece happy. Unfortunately Daniel won't be attending the party until a little later since he has some work to do so I have to catch an Uber to Y/BF/N's house.

I was stunned when I saw the pool deck transformed to pretty much a mini Disneyland. "Oh my word, this is adorable !" I squealed when I looked around in awe. "All thanks to you !" Y/BF/N said as she pulled me in for a tight hug. "It was my absolute pleasure, but where's the birthday girl ?" I furrowed my brows. "Here !" A little voice yelled from behind me. "Would you look at that, it's Princess Leyla ! How's my birthday girl ?" I said as I then carried her and held her on my hip.

"Very happy" she said shyly. "Aww is this what you wanted ?" I coped. She nodded her head and then laid on my chest. She is too adorable, I can't handle so much cuteness. "Tell Aunty (Y/N) thank you"
Y/BF/N said. "Thank you Aunty (Y/N)" she said softly and then kissed my cheek. "Awww" I pouted. "You're most welcome darling" I said as I then squeezed her by her cheeks and kissed her which made her giggle.

"Well let's go greet your guests, say bye to Aunty
(Y/N) for now" Y/BF/N said. She shook her head.
"Its okay, I don't mind carrying her... I'll just follow you" I smiled. "You clearly made her day, she won't leave you alone now" Y/BF/N laughed.

"You look like Minnie Mouse" Leyla said softly as I followed her mum around. "And so do you ! We're twinning today" I smiled at her which made her happy to hear that we're twinning. "I got you a small present for now and I hope you like it" I said as I reached into my bag to pull out her gift. "Close your eyes" I said as she obliged. "Okay... and open !" I said as I held out a Minnie Mouse head band. "Yayyy ! Mommy look at what Aunty (Y/N) got me" she screamed as she slipped on the head band. "So cute ! Now you're a proper Disney Princess" Y/BF/N smiled at her.

After some time of greeting people which was mainly Y/BF/N doing the talking while Leyla didn't say much because she was shy, Y/BF/N thought we should go ahead and cut the cake so the kids can go play on the bounce house or otherwise known as a jumping castle.

As I was walking to the main table, Leyla tapped me on my shoulder. "Aunty, where's Uncle Daniel ?" she asked all shy. I knew she was gonna ask me that sooner or later because I swear she loves him more than me. I laughed at how shy she is, "He will be here soon, I promise" I smiled down at her.

"Is that the birthday girl ?" Daniel said from behind me. I whipped around and was honestly shocked to see him so soon. "She literally just asked for you" I said in shock. "Uncle Daniel !" She yelled and held her arms out for him to carry her. "How's my favourite girl ?" He asked her as he then took her from my arms. She didn't answer and instead laid her head on his chest because she was shy again. "Dan, you're literally making her blush, leave the poor child alone" I playfully scolded him. "I tend to have that affect on girls" he grinned and winked. "Very nice" I faked a smile.

Just then Y/BF/N called me to help her out at the main table to bring out the cake and place the candles on. "You're on baby watch, I have some things to do. Please keep her entertained" I said bidding them farewell. He nodded his head and quickly leaned in to steal a peck from me which made my cheeks flushed as I walked away.

After having the table set up, everyone gathered around the main table to sing for the birthday girl her self. Daniel and I were going to stand aside until she was done but she insisted that the both of us stood next to her, whilst her parents stood on her other side. This kid cracks me up. I think she gained some confidence after blowing out her candles and cutting her cake because she started to tug on my dress to grab my attention whilst I was talking to Daniel and Y/BF/N.

"Yes, my darling" I said as I crouched down to her level. "Aunty (Y/N), can you come play with me in the bouncy house ?" She asked enthusiastically. "Of course I can" I said in excitement and stood up straight. "Excuse me whilst I act like a 3 year old" I said to Daniel and Y/BF/N before following Leyla.

No doubt that the kids kept me on my toes today and boy was I exhausted. Not only did I jump and fall numerous times in the bounce house but I had to dance with the kids as well. They really be thinking that I have the same energy as them, I'm literally on the edge trying to match their energy. Big ups to Daniel for saving me numerous times by joining in the fun so that I could take a break from time to time.

As soon as we were back at the apartment, I fell straight onto the bed. Immediately my eyes started to feel heavy and I was about to fall off to sleep any second. The bed had dipped next to me as Daniel fell to my right. Tired as I was, I could feel Daniels eyes burning into my skin. "What are you staring at ?" I mumbled. He didn't say anything as he started to trace along my freckles. I opened my eyes to look up at him, "Can you stop playing connect the dots with my freckles ?" I tried to sound serious but broke into a smile. "It's fun" he said as he continued to trace along the freckles on my cheek. "You're tickling me and I'm tired" I squirmed beside him.

"I can't get enough of you today" he said softly. "And why's that ?" I asked as I looked up at him. "Not only do you look breath taking in that dress" he paused which made me blush. "But seeing you spend time with kids other than Isaac makes me want to have kids with you already" he admitted. "Are you serious ?" I said stunned. "Yeah why not, you'd made the perfect mom and with my good looks we'd make beautiful babys together" he joked. "You got jokes today I see" I giggled. "Anything to make you smile" he said as he tucked a strand of hair away from my face.

"You're being hella cute and I'm hella tired right now, but don't think I'm turning down your baby mama offer" I reasoned. "Fair enough, we can cuddle for now and make a baby another day" he said as he then wrapped his arms around me to cuddle. "Very straight forward I must say but okay" I giggled into his chest as I fell off to sleep.