Daniel Ricciardo - My Baby

A/N: Requested by marxssell . Hope you babes enjoy ! We're going to pretend that covid-19 doesn't exist. Apologies for the very slow updates. Much love .xx

42. "You snuck into my room, at 4am...to cuddle?"

So its been a while since Daniel and I have seen each other, no one else to blame but my work schedule. It's lowkey sad that times aren't like before where I would usually be there for every race weekend. Unfortunately now I only get the chance to go once after every 4 races and if I'm lucky then once every 2 races. We're no different from other couples that go through long distance relationships as we call and text each other everyday. To my advantage, I'm glad that most of the races are in Europe, since I'm settled in London then on weeks when Daniel is off I'm honestly the happiest I could ever be.

I've been lucky enough recently, thanks to my boss, for changing our work schedules. My times are a lot more flexible and I now have the opportunity to work in the comfort of my own home. So I'm of course going to take advantage of this opportunity by firstly giving my man a surprise visit.

It's race week in Germany, which I'm aware that Daniel and the boys are going to be there from Tuesday. I've been in close contact with Blake, his manager, to keep tabs on their arrival so I know when's the perfect opportunity to catch him by surprise.

Just as they flew from Nice to Germany, as did I from London. I was going to be a tad bit late since I couldn't get an earlier flight but it's all good. It was late at night, 3:30am to be exact when the flight had touched down. I had to lie to Daniel that I was sleeping early since I had a long day tomorrow, I sent a message about 6 hours in advance, poor thing was sweet as always and bought into my lie.

By the time the flight landed, I waited for my bag and found the driver, before arriving at the hotel it was already 4am.

Blake had informed reception that I would be arriving so I was eligible to get a spare key. I had an adrenaline rush at this hour of the morning which is so unlike me but then can you blame me if I haven't seen that smile or heard that laugh in person since almost a month ago.

I practically ran to his room, trying to catch my breath when I stood outside his room and tried to subtly open the door without waking him up. Not like he's a light sleeper though so it shouldn't be hard right ?

I could barely see a thing in the dark, the light from my phone screen was the only thing helping me. I saw Michael sleeping peacefully on his own bed and then seeing the one, and only. I was practically already dressed to sleep right now in my sweatpants and T-shirt so no need to worry about feeling uncomfortable. I looked at him in awe before whispering his name, "Daniel." I then pushed him lightly but he didn't budge. "Babe" I called a little louder which he just hummed in his sleep. "Oii !" I whisper yelled as I pushed him a little harder.

"Mate let me sleep" he said still asleep. I got in under the duvet and spooned him. "I'm not Michael, I'm your girlfriend" I said which surprisingly caught his attention. "You snuck into my room, at 4am...to cuddle?" He said half asleep. He then turned around to look at me, "Push me again if this is not a dream" he said in shock. I then shoved him harder than before as he then pulled me on top of him to engulf me in a hug. "I'm never letting you go now" he said as he peppered kisses all over my face. I was so ticklish from his stubble as he then loosened his grip on me.

"You really caught me by surprise this time and I'm livid" he said softly. "And why's that ?" I asked. "Why did you not tell me sooner that you're coming ? I would've stayed up wasting time until you came" he pouted. "I just really wanted to catch you by surprise which I'm glad I did. Now lets talk in the morning, I'm exhausted and you need your sleep" I said as I then pecked his nose. "Cuddles it is" he said as then made me turn over to hold me nice and snug.

I didn't need a full 7 hours of sleep since I did sleep prior to the flight and on the way here. I woke up before the boys so I could get ready first. To be honest it was hard to loosen Daniels grip since he didn't want me to go. This is what happens when you're so used to getting up for work every morning.

To make him happy I got back into the bed which he easily figured my presence and didn't hesitate to pull me closer towards him. The only thing that was keeping me going until they all woke up was baby tiktok videos. My baby fever has been over the roof and right now Daniel isn't helping.

Michael and Blake had woken up before Daniel. I greeted them and hugged them, Michael was just as surprised as Daniel because I don't think they believed Blake could hide something like this from them. We had some small talk and caught up on whatever I missed or they missed before they both went to get ready. I continued with my baby tiktok videos as Daniel slowly got up, looked at me for a brief second before saying, "I still think I'm dreaming." "I think you are too" I said as I tilted my head. "Shut up. I feel even better going into this race weekend knowing that you're here now" he said. My heart melted. "Aww babe" I pouted as he then pecked my lips.

"Let me get ready. I'll be back" he winked as he walked away. Some baby tiktoks had the same audio and my videos were pretty loud which irritated Michael that he couldn't help but ask, "What are you even watching from the morning ?" He raised a brow. "Tiktok videos" I said guilty. "What kind are we talking here ?" He asked. "Baby tiktok videos" I said as I pressed my lips together.

"Hinting at something I see" he said with a grin. "Not exactly but we'll go with that" I shrugged. "Go with what ?" Daniel asked as he ruffled his curls. "She's expecting you to be her baby daddy soon" Michael said. "Oh my god. No !" I laughed. "We're still young for that right now" I added as Daniel walked closer to me on the bed. "Well, until that day comes...I'm your baby and you're mine" he smirked. "Sounds about right" I smiled.