George Russell - Catching feelings

A/N: Requested by @edgemydiamond . I hope you babes enjoy. Just a heads up, I have one more request before taking requests. Will notify you guys when it's happening .xx

6.    "I'd be lying if i said i didn't love you."

It's a Friday night, here I am thinking I could have been spending my time like every other Friday night which consists of binging on Netflix and eating popcorn, sometimes I have company over. To be more specific, George spends most of his weekends with me when he's not racing or it's the other way around where I'm usually at his place.

At the rate that we spend time together, I'm surprised that we don't have our clothes at each other's house. We might as well live together since we've been friends for the past year, all thanks to (Y/F/N) for introducing us.

She introduced us with the intention of us dating but so far nothing much has happened. We surely have grown a lot closer but no moves yet from either one of us, I will admit that I really do like him but if he's not interested in me then I might as well move on.

I didn't even have to tell (Y/F/N) anything about George and I's progress, it's like she just knew. I mean she is my best friend, of course she'd figure it out. So tonight she decided to hook me up on a blind date with her boyfriends friend. I told her I wasn't interested, but she already put in a word for me and wanted me to get out of this 'misery' as she calls it.

I had about an hour and a half until I had to leave so I thought I might as well have a shower now, and get ready. After having a shower, I slipped into a white lace dress that stopped mid thigh, then after doing a natural makeup look. Once I was content with the look so far, I began working on curling my hair. Halfway through doing my hair, my phone started ringing and George's named popped on the screen. I answered, "Heyyy" then put the phone on speaker as I continued with my hair. "Hello hello, what you doing ?" He asked. "I'm just getting ready to go out, how about you ?" I asked.

"Go out ? Where are you off to ? We're supposed to be spending tonight together" he said in disappointment. "I'm actually going on a blind date" I said as I paused for a second to imagine his reaction. "Did I just hear you're going on a date ?" He asked eagerly. "Yepp."
"Who would want to take you on a date ?" He said playfully. I couldn't help but burst out laughing. He got a point. "I- what are you trying to say ?" I asked as I set the curler down. "Don't go on the date" he said as his tone changed. He's being serious.

"What ? Why ?" I half laughed. "Because that guy doesn't deserve you" he said softly. "George...you don't even know who he is" I said as I ran my fingers through my curls. "I don't care. I'm telling you, don't go" he said as he started to grow protective. "I can't be rude and stand him up. I'm going." I could hear shuffling on the other side of the phone. "Where are you now ?" He asked. "At home...why ?" I questioned. "I'll be there in 5. Don't leave" he said. "Wait what. George you're being ridiculous... I'm leaving" I said as I have myself a look in the mirror. "See you in 5" he said lastly before the call ended. Well that was something.

Don't ask me why I decided to wait for him. My blind date, also known as, Luke texted me that he'll see me in 15 at the restaurant that (Y/F/N) had booked a table for us.

OUTFIT FOR REFERENCE